xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vampire  (Read 118 times)

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
Vampire
« on: June 04, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

I just got a message that I dreamed something, now everytime I go outside my health starts draining.... How do i stop this?

BoNg420

• Archived User
Vampire
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

there is a nice glitch with the count too, once you bring him the cure, he will continue to give you money when you click on reward, depending on your level and how much he likes you, he will give you lots of money, last time i did it i think he gave me 3,000 gold each time.  It was great.  Also if you break into someones house at night and drink their blood, you can go out in the day and if you dont sleep, you wont have to worry about dying in the sun and you can fast travel safely.

AClayeJ

• Archived User
Vampire
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox.c...2/ShowPost.aspx

How did i contract Vampirism?
There are multiple ways you got it. The first way is that you fought a vampire and contracted it that way. The second way is that you slept near a vampire and didnt know it.

Is being a vampire a good thing?
Yes and no. Being a vampire can be very difficult at times. Even though it does add some points onto your stats it can get in your way if your daily activities. If you dont feed for awhile you become sensitive to light and people begin to fear you. You have a few added powers when you become a vampire, such as night eye (night vision).

How can i get rid of Vampirism?
Well if your lucky you can cure yourself before you get the full blown effect. Find a "cure disease" potion and take that or find a temple and receive a blessing. That should regenerate your stats and cure your vampirism.

Im now having dreams, is this a bad thing?
This is the signal that you have now become a vampire. A potion or a temple will not heal you, you have to find the cure for yourself. The dreams do not hurt your stats but are just there to let you know your still a vampire.

Ok, i can't get rid of it. What do i do?
You have a few options. If you contracted vampirism early in the game you can simply start a new game. If you dont want to do that, you will have to go on a quest to find a cure for vampirism. Please be advised, that this quest is not an easy one. It will take time and patience.

What is the quest?
You first need to speak to a chapel priest about finding a cure for vampirism. He will tell you to visit Raminus Polus, who is located at Arcane University in the Imperial City. He will then send you off to visit Count Hassildor of Skingrad. You should find his steward at Castle Skingrad. When you arrange a meeting with the Count he will tell you to find a woman by the name of Melisande, in the wilderness along the Corbolo River, east of the Imperial City and South of Cheydinhal.

When you find her she agrees to help you cure yourself. Your first task is to find 5 Empty Grand Soul Gems. You should first look in the Mages Guilds in the major cities. They usually cost somewhere between 300-400 gold, so be prepared to spend some gold. Once when you have collected the Grand Sould Gems, take them back to Melisande. She will then give you another task.

Melisande will now send you out to find five ingredients to complete the cure. Here is a list:
1.)  6 cloves of garlic
2.) 5 nightshade leaves
3.) 2 shoots of bloodgrass
4.) Argonian Blood
5.) Vampire Ashes of Hindaril

The garlic and nightshade leaves can be found in some of the Mages Guilds. Look in some of the ingredient and magic shops also to find what you need. The bloodgrass can be found in Oblivion. Enter through a gate and you should see some around the entrance. Melisande will also give you a dagger to stab an argonian with. Any argonian will do. He does not have to be killed, but beware that you will most likely receive a bounty for this crime.

You can go back to Melisande and return those 4 ingredients or wait and find the Vampire Ashes of Hindaril. Hindaril can be found in Redwater Slough, which is near the North Panther River. Beware that there are a lot of enemies between you and Hindaril so come prepared.

After you aquire the ashes head back to Melisande so she can whip up a potion for you. It will take her 24 hours to make the potion. When she is done, she will hand you two doses. One of them is for you and the other is for the Count. Take the 2nd dose back to Hal-Liurz in the Skingrad Castle. Follow what she says, and the quest will come to an end. You do get a small reward also.

What happens if i get it again?
You should immediately find a "cure disease" potion or temple to heal yourself. After that long quest, you should've learned your lesson. Return to Melisande to see if she has another dose if you "forgot".