xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Oblivion: End Vampirism Tutorial  (Read 56 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Oblivion: End Vampirism Tutorial
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

Well if you become a true vampire with true vampire attributes, this would happen after you sleep 3 days.  The sun can be a real pain in the ass, but can be easily avoided if you drink someones blood when they are sleeping at night, simple enough.  Also being a vampire lowers your personality and people wont like you as much.  So heres what you need to do:
To start up the end vampirism quest:
You can talk to the vampire guy if you are in the dark brotherhood he will suggest who to meet with.
Talk to a priest at a church.

They should tell you to meet a guy at the achane university.  Go there and talk to that guy and he will tell you to go and talk to count hassildor at skingard castle.  The count wants to cure his wife so he will send you to some witch lady that can make a cure.  This is marked on your map on where to go.  You go to her and she wants the following:
5 EMPTY grand soul gems
6 cloves of garlic
5 Nightshade flowers
the blood of an argonian
dust of a powerful vampire

This guest is simple i did it in about 2 hours but if you know what you are doing probably get it done sooner.  Reason it took me long like the lady had all my stuff, but didnt make me the potion, so i had to go back before i got the last 2 items.

Where to find these items:

5 empty soul gems can be found/stolen/bought at any mage guild and they can be stolen from the archane iniversity on the bottom floor.  Just travel to every mage guild you can, and lockpick display cases and steal them from there and try to barter with anyone you can that sells items.  Just make sure they are empty ones, but steal the filled ones to because they are worth money and also can be used by you.

6 cloves of garlic
easy to find, there is 4 in the living quarters in a chest i believe, its the living quarters of the dark brotherhood sanctuary.  Most can be found in peoples home or bought etc.

5 nightshade flowers
I found a decent amount growing behind or around far eastern part of the city, if you go far easy in the city i believe its behind the fighters guild but Im not 100% sure, i just know it was by the eastern wall.  You can also buy them at mages guilds and various other places.

Blood of an argonian
Easy enough, talk to the witch about blood of an argonian and she will give you an echanted blade and all you have to do is slash an argonian and either kill it or run, id imagine finding one in the open or in a house where its alone would be easiest to avoid guards.

dust of a powerful vampire
talk to the witch about the vampire dust and she will mark the location on your map, go there kill the vampires, zombies and the powerful vampire and collect his dust and thats it.  I was also told there is nightshade around his tomb so check inside or around it.

Thats it, take all your items to the witch, take everything there in the early afternoon.  she will make the potion and tell you to come back in 24 hours.  Go dick around for 24 hours(game time) and then come back using fast travel, go talk to the lady and get your cure.  DONT drink it yet, go back and talk to the count, he will take the cure from you and give it to his wife as you watch.  Then he will tell you to return in a day or so for your reward.  Come back and he will give you, well he gave me 1000 gold, but someone else claims they only got 500 gold.  You also have a cure for vampirism in your invetory, but you can use it anytime you want.

AND if you like to glitch, this is thanks to UWTopGun  for this info,
This quest is well worth your time indeed.  You get 2 things out of it, alot of money and a cure for vampirism.  You click on reward and the count will pay you as he wants.  If you keep clicking on reward he will pay you the same amount over and over and over.  Just click reward there will be some dialogue that goes on but can be skipped if you keep pressing A and everytime you get paid the same amount, I kept doing it and now I have over 2 million gold.  Luckily for me he gave me 1000 gold everytime, god it would help to have one of those turbo buttons....

if i missed anything or you have something to add to help or is more descriptive feel free to add.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

Nice man! Im just finnishing this and its good to hear that the cure stays with you. Try to be a little more specific on locations but still thx and alot of vampire haters are gonna love you.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

Any tips on a good supply of garlic, nightshade and an ez argonian to kill?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

Damn, here I slay all vamps b4 I get infected, to find out theres a kick ass quest that goes along with it! I need to find a vamp pronto. I have almost all ingredients except the blood and all 6 garlics(I have 4).

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

Theres a vampire in the Dark Brotherhood, you can get infected by him after you do all his quests.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

I just remembered the dark brotherhood was mentioned. I have no desire to become entangled with them just yet  tongue.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

OK i got it and it took me more then 2 hours so dont feel bad. i only got 500 per reward but still a good thing since you can multiply that.