xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eb/gamestop Deal..oblivion Related  (Read 119 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Eb/gamestop Deal..oblivion Related
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

TO ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET PICKED UP OBLIVION, READ....

I came home with the $70.00 CE version but paid the $60.00 price tag.

They are running a deal till April 7th or 11th(dont recall which), where ANY two 360 games will get you a single New 360 game, Yes, even if it's a $70.00 one beerchug.gif

He said Corporate just sent out emails this morning saying the "2 games are good towards $70.00 titles" was official, so Im glad I waited till today and didnt get impatient and run out last night to another EB(kages for example).

I had them put the $65.00 back onto my CC and handed them GUN and Kong, and $5.00 tax and got the CE Oblivion. I also used the $10.00 Activision voucher I finally got mailed to me towards TR Legend, it's been a great day!

Thanks to Achievements, I know I got everything within the games(except GUN, not about to beat it 4 times).

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

Im not saying Kong and GUN were crappy, far from it. GUN was a true gem(liked it a lot more than Kong) and its sad people overlook it because its a port. The game stands on its own and I stand by my opinion of it. But I went thru it almost 2 times and played it 2 death, so that and Kong were an obvious choice to be the ones going in for trade.

I will NEVER get rid of Condemned, CoD 2, or GRAW, I  love.gif them and will cherish them(until xbox 720 hits, lol).

I havent tried the game yet, about 2 pop it in though smile.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

yeah I know, I didnt want people to see your "crap" comment and assume thats what I meant is all smile.gif

Yes, there are games you just dont get rid of beerchug.gif

Ok, off 2 play, the Gates have fuggin opened!!!  pop.gif

Fredro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 21 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

They are running a deal till April 7th or 11th(dont recall which), where ANY two 360 games will get you a single New 360 game, Yes, even if it's a $70.00 one

i called my gamestop and the chick said they were only doing it through today. either she didnt know wtf she is talking about, or its some typical gamestop BS.

either way i'll trade in 2 launch titles ive finished for a new game.

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

Great Deal!  But not ready to turn my games in yet. The only game that I have traded in is Madden for GRAW and that was because I got all 1,000 gamer points.

I'm sure that EB will have this promotion with other future releases, and hopefully by then I will have completed a couple of games to trade in.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

I posted about this in the trade in thread that's in the general section.  I did the same exact thing.  Traded in PDZ and Condemned and when the guy was reaching for Oblivion I was like "Can I get that one there?" and pointed to the CE.  It was no problem.  I also forgot that I had paid nearly in full for Oblivion when I pre-ordered it back in August, so I transfered all the money over to FarCry...

And I must say that the collector's edition has got to be the nicest packaging of any game that I've ever purchased.  

...back to Cyrodiil.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

I paid tax on the 60.00 one, I wasnt about to complain, lol

Glad you saw this and got the better one, and yes the packaging is awesome lowend.

sorry metaldevil, but when you have games youve beaten countless times, and have the achievement points to show for it, and they are only worth 30 or 35.00 on a "for sale" forum anyways, Id rather trade in games to use cash on other things, deals like this arent all that bad beerchug.gif I wouldnt have made this thread if it was for any game, but when it counts towards the more expensive editions as well as regular versions(which is rare), its worth posting.

I will use the $$ that got put back on my card and pay off TR Legend. The games I traded were played to death and letting them sit on a rack *only* 2 collect dust is just silly. Silly I say!  pop.gif

back to chasing deer and shooting wolves!

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »

had a hard time.. but wally world finally took the 12 month xbox live kit i paid 15 bucks for in exchange for oblivion... after target wouldnt take it.. i actually thought i was about to have to pay for it!
would have in a minute though, games well worth the price tag.