xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oblivion On Marketplace  (Read 174 times)

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« on: February 22, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

Gamereports.com said the following

Xboxlive marketplace has now brand new trailers and some theme picture packs of the most highly anticipated RPG Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Both trailers come in 480p & 720p and they look gorgeous! Hopefully we will see a demo sooner or later.

Unfortunately I'm at work so I cannot verify this info.

Can someone verify?

gordita37

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

Im on it right now and see a: "Oblivion Theme" "Oblivion picture pack" "Oblivion trailers" (480p, 720p) Im downloading the trailer right now tongue.gif

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

Kool, cannot wait to get home and get start downloading!

tonloc79

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »

Dont get ur hopes up to high its the same damn trailer weve all seen about 1000 times. This trailer is now officialy a whore!

Master X

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Feb 22 2006, 10:41 PM) View Post

This trailer is now officialy a whore!

laugh.gif

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

This only further concretes the March release date.    March 24th!  Mark it on your calenders people! Take off of work, send the kids to grandmas, stock up on supplies, close the blinds and kiss the real world goodbye for a few weeks.  Make sure you inform your friends and relatives so they don't file a missing persons report.  smile.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

low is right, they said that about a month ahead of the games launch they would start releasing media over LIVE.  even though this is an ancient trailer its still media.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »

Now, the question I'm wondering is if MS would allow non-360 video displayed in these trailers.  I doubt they'd allow a bunch of PC video to be put up on the marketplace.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Feb 23 2006, 09:52 AM) View Post

Now, the question I'm wondering is if MS would allow non-360 video displayed in these trailers.  I doubt they'd allow a bunch of PC video to be put up on the marketplace.

i dont think it really matters if they are both of the same graphical quality.  also this is the original trailer from last years E3 which i thought was all PC footage anyways.  

what im wondering though is that the developers said that very few clips of any of the videos have shown shadowing that they removed, and people didnt tell the difference.  now the scene in the video of the skeleton walking towards the screen clearly has the shadowing technique they removed, now i wonder if that was a wise move as there will surely be some people noticing the difference and causing a fuss over it.  

looks great to me no matter what and i just want the damn thing out now.

Ozy

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 23 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

i dont think it really matters if they are both of the same graphical quality.  also this is the original trailer from last years E3 which i thought was all PC footage anyways.  

what im wondering though is that the developers said that very few clips of any of the videos have shown shadowing that they removed, and people didnt tell the difference.  now the scene in the video of the skeleton walking towards the screen clearly has the shadowing technique they removed, now i wonder if that was a wise move as there will surely be some people noticing the difference and causing a fuss over it.  

looks great to me no matter what and i just want the damn thing out now.

I thought it was just object shadowing they removed not NPC? Tell me there are still shadows right? I gave up on Ballz's thread.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

All characters, npcs, mobs still show shadows. What they removed was shadows on objects. It simply took too much power to make every object in the game cast a shadow. But, if a skeleton is walking towards you it is going to cast a shadow.

Ozy

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hyper_Eye @ Feb 23 2006, 08:24 PM) View Post

All characters, npcs, mobs still show shadows. What they removed was shadows on objects. It simply took too much power to make every object in the game cast a shadow. But, if a skeleton is walking towards you it is going to cast a shadow.

Thought so. Was getting waorried then.  smile.gif

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

This game didn't sound all that great to me at first, but now that there is a shadow puppet theater mode, it's a must buy  biggrin.gif

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Feb 24 2006, 12:37 AM) View Post

whewh!

For a moment there I was worried that I wouldn't be able to perform the world's first ever shadow puppet show via an online gaming world biggrin.gif

You might be able to do that if it weren't for the fact that this game is not an MMORPG. It is a massive single-player game (and will be a great one at that) just like Morrowind was.

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion On Marketplace
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

the Theme is great, glad I dl'd it
Pages: [1] 2