xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Saint Row Demo Planned  (Read 261 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

In an interview with Msxboxworld, Jacques Hennequet of Volition confirmed a very large demo for their upcoming game Saints Row. He also explains some of the basics of this Grant Theft Auto clone. The game is still set for September this year.

Although a demo was never officially announced are you still planning on releasing one via the marketplace or otherwise before the game ships?
Absolutely. Stay tuned for the date and the contents. It will be a very large demo.

How many weapons will be available in the game and will these include melee weapons as well? About twenty. Yes, we have several melee weapons.

Will there be multiple ways players can attempt to tackle missions within the game?
There are always different ways you can win any mission, but the bulk of the choices are more about what you do to unlock the missions than within the missions themselves.

In total how many story and sub missions are you aiming for? What kind of replay value can gamers expect from Saints Row?
There are thirty six missions and thirteen activities. Each activity has eight levels of difficulty. We think there will be a lot of replay value in the game as you can approach it differently, try to max out your scores, unlock all achievements etcÂ…

http://www.xboxic.com/news/665

dont really care for this GTA type games but it does look like a quality title for the genre.  also a free demo is always nice too.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!
"It will be a very large demo" Cant wait!

CattyKid

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Apr 11 2006, 02:42 PM) View Post

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!
"It will be a very large demo" Cant wait!

Like, PGR3 sized-large?

Master X

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »

I was watching the interview on the OXM disk and the game looks awesome. I am getting this game no questions asked. He even said you could play online. pop.gif

CAjr45

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

Like, PGR3 sized-large?

most likely

the reason baing pgr3 demo was so huge because the demo was the entire city instead of one track. you downloaded the entire tokyo city or w/e city it was

saints row was probably be the same. demo is going to be a large portion of the city or possibly the saints city area (if you looked at the saints row map)

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

Don't expect the demo too soon though. Joystiq have reported seeing it recently and although it was looking good, it ran at the speed of a slideshow. Sounds like they have a lot of optimzing to do before the demo gets released.

rocklee55

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

dont u guys think 36 mission is a little short i mean gta had about 100 but still i will get this game or crackdown

prankfurter

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

I don't know if anyone else hear reads the gaming magazine PLAY but IMO its by far the most beautiful and well written gaming mag out there... anyways this month that had a really good preview of saints row and a good interview with the guys at volition... i can put up some scans if anyone would like to read it.

VOlition

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

Can't wait to get this game, big fan of Voliton ever since the shooting game Red Faction hence my name .

amb7247

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

36 missions x 13 activities not 36 in just one standalone mission. That is alot of replay value. BTW the demo disc ran perfectly for me.

jimjom

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

played this all the way through last night and was pleasantly surprised... good driving, shooting and graphics. I will definatley play through this one when it comes out....

wheres the motorcycles though????

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

no motorcycles.....

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Saint Row Demo Planned
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

like the rest of you, i'm looking forward to this game alot smile.gif and will most likely be buying it once it's available.