xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Saint's Row  (Read 275 times)

corkinator

• Archived User
Saint's Row
« on: October 08, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »

Looks like a Dreamcast game and if the gameplay and bugs in GTA clones are anything to go by, it will suck

portarock

• Archived User
Saint's Row
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 05:19:00 AM »

tongue.gif

But seriously I know this game doesnt have the best graphics but I dont see why everyone keeps saying it looks like crap. Can anyone name a game in this same genre that has gfx on par or exceeding this game? Maybe its just that when I look at the gfx of a game I take into consideration what kind of game it is. This game is an "open world" game that has no loading ( according to dev), tons of customization, dynamic day/night cycle, dynamic wether, havok physics on just about everything ,advanced vehicle damage modelling and lots of npcs all with their own AI that react to the player. Making a game that has all that means that the gfx wont match that of the character model of a fighting game or any other game that doesnt have to keep track of that much stuff.

corkinator

• Archived User
Saint's Row
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

The car models look crap and the whole city looks boring. Take away the hi-res look and you've got a pretty average looking game.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Saint's Row
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(portarock @ Oct 8 2005, 01:30 PM)
Wow you must have different model DC then I do. You mind selling it?  tongue.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
Saint's Row
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

Looks like a Dreamcast game

It does? blink.gif

I need to get this game biggrin.gif

Helios

• Archived User
Saint's Row
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 07:26:00 AM »

Yeah I don't really like it. I ended up hating the GTA series after Vice City came out. This will be the same. Its gonna be garbage in my opinion.