xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quake 4 Reviewed!  (Read 270 times)

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/531883.asp

To me the graphics suck and the game sucks but I guess some people here are interested in it.

I haven't seen another post that mentions this game has been reviewed so I thought i'd post it.  :beer:

whiteblur67

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

pc for me
so i can play arena

jizmo

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Oct 19 2005, 09:32 PM)
To me the graphics suck and the game sucks but I guess some people here are interested in it.

Suck, huh? That's pretty harsh thing to say. It's not exactly a jaw-dropper but these graphics don't suck. They're pretty much on par what's expected from average PC game these days.

I dislike the enemies (most of them look downright ridiculous), but the environment is well done and atmosphere is .. umm .. atmospheric. Lots of Doom 3-like elements, but this time you can actually see where you're going or step outside.

I think the problem here is that we tend to look these screenshots as "yet another PC screenshots", not realizing how awesome it is to actually get that game running in that little white box and on your living room big screen tv.

A game that doesn't lose to its PC counterpart - that's the first time in oh-so-many years.

This post has been edited by jizmo: Oct 20 2005, 11:57 AM

ravage73

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 06:51:00 AM »

i have it and i think the graphics are better than doom 3.

whiteblur67

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

its using a enhanced verison of the doom 3 engine

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(ravage73 @ Oct 20 2005, 08:26 AM)
i have it and i think the graphics are better than doom 3.

What about the outdoor areas? I've been reading that they look a lot worse than the indoor areas. What's your take on the matter?

This post has been edited by Wedding-shirt: Oct 20 2005, 09:35 PM

HaloFool90

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

Just wondering, can Quake 4 have co-op on one screen, my friend and I wanted to play it launch day but he cant afford his own Xbox 360 so we'll only have one. sorry if this has been answered before.

ravage73

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Oct 20 2005, 05:07 PM)
What about the outdoor areas? I've been reading that they look a lot worse than the indoor areas. What's your take on the matter?

the skybox textures look like crap. but everything else looks VERY detailed. so  when u play in the outdoor areas, just dont look up.

jdsony

• Archived User
Quake 4 Reviewed!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

Not interested in this one at all. The reviews and screenshots have turned me off and I wasn't that excited about it to begin with. I don't think the Doom 3 engine will catch on nearly as much as the Quake 3 engine did. It just doesn't seem to be as robust. Quake 4 looks ok but I don't like the direction they went with the game. The game just seems to look like an extension of Doom 3, as does PREY. When that starts to happen it's a sure sign that the engine technology is more of a gimmick than anything else. I'm being a little harsh so I think I'll give the game a chance. I just wish they didn't follow Quake 2 and made it a little more gothic like Quake/Quake 3. We all know that the Doom 3 engine can do a space setting on a strange planet/moon and I've never been a huge fan of space shooters.

This post has been edited by jdsony: Oct 21 2005, 10:58 PM