xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skyline R34 In Pgr3  (Read 125 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Skyline R34 In Pgr3
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

I went over to Bizarre Creations' website looking for some info on something and noticed they linked to the PGR3 website using some interesting graphics

http://www.bizarrecr...age.php?p=about
(^ go all the way to the bottom, hotlinking is blocked)

Now the Skyline R34 is one of my favorite vehicles, I know the prototype Skyline is available in PGR3... but I'm fairly certain the R34 is not.

Anyone know if this was originally planned and got cut or if it's planned as part of a download/expansion?

Seeing it there makes me really want it in the game.  love.gif

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Skyline R34 In Pgr3
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

I cannot for the life of me think of ANY reason other than d/l content to not include a R34 in a racer.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Skyline R34 In Pgr3
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

NEVERMIND!

the car is there I just never noticed it... I'ma go race with it now  tongue.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Skyline R34 In Pgr3
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(0wn996 @ Feb 10 2006, 06:35 AM) View Post

too bad the car sucks so much in the game.
It's slow as hell and it's near impossible to get it into a proper drift.
Really a bummer cause the skyline is definetly one of my favorite roadcars.

Let's just hope they will include a nismo tuned R34 GT-R in a future update

Well the R34 is one of those cars who's true potential isn't unlocked until it start's getting modified, it doesn't drift well because it's all wheel drive, but it handles like it's on rails  biggrin.gif

Basically it's slow due to the power to weight ratio and the fact that oodles of power gets lost pushing the AWD system. it weighs about 3500 lbs and only has 280hp... heck my (modified) WRX has a better power/weight ratio then that  laugh.gif

If we had the ability to modify it in terms of computer tuning, swapping engine parts and reducing weight it would quickly become a sick vehicle.

If we had a little more control over the transmission we could get better launches too, proper clutch control is essential to launching an AWD car like that, Though I think that would be very difficult to handle in a game without turning your hand into a pretzel.

the new GT-R promises a lot more natural potential... it' just too bad it's ugly as sin and expensive to boot.