xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Game Would You Get?  (Read 328 times)

brownboi_nayyar

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« on: December 18, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

Well, I'm stuck between which game I should buy first..

Project Gotham Racing 3 or Perfect Dark Zero?

I'm into some racing games like midnight club 3 and need for speed underground but I have never really tried any of the PGR series. I am also into FPS games like halo 2...

What game do you think is right for me?

Darcom

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

Perfect Dark Zero or Need for Speed: Most Wanted if your into that. PGR is an arcade style racing game.

brownboi_nayyar

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Dec 18 2005, 09:36 PM) View Post

NFS: MW is more similar to Underground and MC3. PGR3 is the most realistic racer out of the bunch (and I'm not referring to its graphics).

brownboi_nayyar, why don't rent them first to see if you like them? Remember, your opinion is the most important. If I tell you I like it, and then you buy it and hate it, you're out 50+ bucks.

Why have so many people forgotten that renting games is an excellent option if they're unsure about a particular game? Trust me, brownboi_nayyar, you don't need anyone here to make up your mind for you.

Trust me, I tried renting the game and they are all out...

The only game I could rent and have rented is NBA 2k6...

Blockbuster says pople keep these games for a month because of no late fees.

If Irent another game, I'm out $20....

KAGE360

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

well there is a demo of NFS:MW out on LIVE you can download and try it out for free.  as for PDZ and PGR, they are both great games.  like it was mentioned before your opinion and likes are the most important and other then opinions we can give you facts to help you decide.  you like games like NFS and midnight club so you should know that PGR is nothing really like either of them, the most you can change in these cars is the paint job and thats it.  i wouldnt count it out thought, you may like it, so who knows.  PGR is definatly one of my fav racing games and is a blast no matter how you play it (online or off) it is also one of the best games to show off your system.  

PDZ will appeal to you if you like halo type games as well.  all throughout the development and every preview i have shown no interest what-so-ever towards the game but once i finally saw it i was impressed.  im sure my low expectations helped a little but the game is really better then i thought it would be.  the single player, while nothing new, is a good shooter with the usual hokey story.  also the multiplayer was more addicting then i expected and this is coming from someone who doesnt care for deathmatch style games.  the weapons are well balanced and fun, though i have had some issues with the control lay-out (making the same button you switch weapons the same to pick up weapons  uhh.gif ) but overall it is a good-looking good-playing xbox port of a game.

spinr34

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

if you like midnight club 3 and nfsu you probably won't like PGR3. PGR is more simulation than blasting nitrous bottles that magically refill and running through fences and walls to gain the most time.  Download the NFS:MW demo from the marketplace.  Honestly, I enjoy both PGR3 and the whole NFS series, but I'm a racing fan and also have Ridge Racer 6 waiting to be played.  PDZ is fun, while I find it more "futuristic" than halo, more along the lines of UT, it's still an enjoyable game.  The missions are fun co-op especially the sniper cover one.  Anyways, that's my take on it, good luck smile.gif

brownboi_nayyar

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

Well, in the end..I just bought both games. PD0 is a pretty good game but I wouldn't say it's excellent and PGR3  is an alright game...I would say that NFS is better..

haha...too lazy to download the demo because I then would have to run a 50 feet ethernet wire from my bedroom, to the middle floor living room :S....

The wireless adapter is too expensive...

spinr34

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

run the cable!!! also check ebay for the wireless adapters, a few weeks ago i saw them for $50 - 60 + shipping.  also kmart was having a sale on them for $50, pretty sure it's over now but it's always worth to check.  the 360 is all about live, a 360 with no live is like not having any hands or legs.  be nice to the 360 and give it a place on your network and a cord through the living room smile.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
What Game Would You Get?
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

Actually, I find my 360 performs a little better when not connected to Live.  Maybe it's just my imagination, but while playing Quake 4, I disconnected the ethernet cable, and it seemed to load a little faster.

I could be wrong though. . .