xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing  (Read 366 times)

deakphreak

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« on: December 03, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

Are you serious?  Im not a programmer or anything for games, but do you know how long that would have made to make that game. It has AMAZING graphics, so detailed and your complaining about it??  Im so addicted to this game. The sound is great and playing it in HD, there is no other racing game that can match it. All the physics are perfect in this game IMO.  Im sure the games will just get better and better, but with this being one of the first games for the console, ive got to give them 2 thumbs up for a great game.

Romps

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dannydeman @ Dec 3 2005, 02:09 PM) View Post

Yeah i love the game, but it doesnt look as great as the screenshots and the trailer...the edges just are not smooth because the lack of AA..

I use a 19inch CRT monitor on the highest resolutions, if this was a normal TV..then i accepted it...But i just noticed it and i think its strange and can be better

Yeah noticed that aswell they is defo a lack of AA in this game
But that doesnt efect the game play in anyway at all smile.gif

crobar

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

how close are you guys sitting to your tv?
all my lines are fine graphics look very much like the screen shots...

rulvnthatwigs

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

HDTV 50" Plasma and I can tell you if you play it like  I do and in 720p it looks sexy as hell.  No problems at all with graphics anywhere.  Oh and jus wanted to add that one thing that makes this game awsome is if you travel like me you can look sideways while driving and be like hmmm I've been there.

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »

Yay im almost positive theres no jaggies. Are you sure your TV's ok.

Tripme

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

Ive seen a couple little jaggies here and there...but not enough to change my mind about how pimp this game is.

skalle_no

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

I have to agree that Gotham looks unsharp, compared to Kameo and Call of duty, is there a setting in gotham to turn on/off prog. scan? It does look like it`s running in 480p.

skalle_no

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(MadEx @ Dec 3 2005, 06:45 PM) View Post

Have you utilized the little switch on the cable that connects to the back of the 360?

Yes the switch is set to HDTV, like i said cod and kameo looks absolutely amazing, but gotham looks unsharper. Thought it would be the other way around..

rulvnthatwigs

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

Hey I just went around exploring with the camera in london and everything is perfect.  There was only 1 thing wrong with the game.  A doorway that isn't really noticable you have to find it.  It sees through the building like no ground or anything.  Besides that everything is perfect.

Deftech

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

Interesting, I'll have to have a look at that game.

*always on the lookout for jaggies*

laugh.gif

m_hael

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

PGR3 has jaggies - its official tho I can't post screens at the moment. It is the only game so far that does NOT adhere to MS standards regarding rendering resolution and thus shouldn't be held up as an example of "how things should be done"

FYI its approx 600p with 2xMSAA thats roughly 35% LESS pixels than ALL the other games; jaggies are to be expected.

Deftech

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Dec 3 2005, 02:08 PM) View Post

PGR3 has jaggies - its official tho I can't post screens at the moment. It is the only game so far that does NOT adhere to MS standards regarding rendering resolution and thus shouldn't be held up as an example of "how things should be done"

FYI its approx 600p with 2xMSAA thats roughly 35% LESS pixels than ALL the other games; jaggies are to be expected.

Thanks for that.

Deftech

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(SatanX2112 @ Dec 3 2005, 02:27 PM) View Post

I was noticing the same thing, til I discoverd something. On the A/V cable that connects to the 360 is a switch (it says HD / TV). Mine was on TV, now it looks incredible.

My cousin was guilty of the same thing.

I went over his house for Turkey Day and brought the 360 games he didnt have. He was playing Q4 when I walked in and it looked like ass compared to mine. I told him to check his settings in the Guide, and right infront of him on the screen, it showed the picture of the cable and said HD was NOT enabled.

I asked him to read it to me and he replies with "thats wrong, I have it set to 720p, check for yourself"

I told him to look at the picture and he got all confused, I told him to check the cable and sure enough, he didnt have it set to HD.

Kiosk problems anyone? lol

Romps

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Dec 3 2005, 07:08 PM) View Post

So those that says it perfect on theres and ask how close we sit to the screen
Really need there eyes checking or are over excited at there new toy and over look crap gfx for a system this powerfull

Well the gfx arnt crap lol
Just they not as good as promised taken from m_hael quote

But i dont expect jaggies as bad as pgr3 on the xbox 360 xbox 1 yeah but 360 NO it should have not been passed by ms if it was under standard
I just hope the rest of the game developers keep to the standard or higher and dont start giving us below par crap

Saying all that the game is a good game and i can live with the gfx but i expected more
There no excuses saying it a realse game and the rest will get better all the rest are better allready

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

I dont actually see any jaggies. The jaggyness you might notice sometimes is a side-effect of the reflection effect on the edges of cars and spoilers.

Also guys, i run games on my PC at 1280x1024 with 4x AA and you still cant eliminate ALL jaggies. PGR3 looks f*cking great so please please quit complaining.
Pages: [1] 2