xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Demo On The Marketplace Nfsmw  (Read 307 times)

Shinamano

• Archived User
New Demo On The Marketplace Nfsmw
« on: November 27, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »

Just giving everyone the heads up.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

That was out for download wednesday night/thanksgiving morning. I went to my Aunts for Turkey Day and alerted my cousin to the fact that it was available to DL when I arrived.

I had to DL it just to see if I was right, and I was, total pile. Even if the retail version sports better graphics, it looks like ass for a 360 game. Then again, even if it looked good, I still wouldnt like it as Im not a fan of the series/gameplay  tongue.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

Didn't you play it on a HDTV?  I think it looks fantastic.  10 Times better looking than PGR3 in my opinion.  Too bad I'm not a big racing game fan though.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Nov 27 2005, 10:51 PM) View Post

Didn't you play it on a HDTV?  I think it looks fantastic.  10 Times better looking than PGR3 in my opinion.  Too bad I'm not a big racing game fan though.

Umm why Yes I did, and it looks like nothing but a high res ps2/xbox port. Raise the res on a game Like Rallisport 2 and it walks all over NFS for 360. Too bad RS 2 isnt on the BC list sad.gif

The game showed reflections, yippee. Burnout Revenge on xbox looks better.

But like I said, I dislike the series to begin with so no loss here. I expect very little from EA, I guess you could say they always deliver in that department biggrin.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 27 2005, 08:58 PM) View Post

Umm why Yes I did, and it looks like nothing but a high res ps2/xbox port. Raise the res on a game Like Rallisport 2 and it walks all over NFS for 360. Too bad RS 2 isnt on the BC list sad.gif

The game showed reflections, yippee. Burnout Revenge on xbox looks better.

But like I said, I dislike the series to begin with so no loss here. I expect very little from EA, I guess you could say they always deliver in that department biggrin.gif

Now that's just crazy, I've played Burnout Revenge on Xbox at 480p, And NFS looks way better at 720p than that.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

I'm a wiiild and craaaazy guy

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

I d/l'ed the demo as well and deleted it shortly after.  What a horrible representation of "next-gen" racing.  There was nothing special about this game at all, graphics included.  I'm still riding the "wow" factor of my xbox360 and that game was bumming me out.

Ray2Kay

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »

To be serious........I have a 46inch PLASMA HDTV........and the game sucks ass....

It looks no different from the xbox version, at least thats what i saw. To me it was just a touch up..............I have the game on the xbox and for any1 who likes this game i would suggest buying the xbox verion

Ces2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

i have it for pc and i use the xbox 360 wired controler and while i hated last years version this need for speed is so fun to play due to the cops chasing after you. while its no rally sport 2( i had to represent Deftech pop.gif ) its a great pick up and play game , but to spend 59 99 for it on 360 im sorry it isnt . only thing this game has extra that the pc one is that u have the rear veiw mirror on all the time.  graphics  and everything else are the same.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

Good 2 see I'm not the only one who saw right thru this title(graphically). Not putting down people who like the series or who bought it, just stating it looks like a slightly higher res xbox version(is that worth $60.00?). It also bummed me out while playing and I couldn't delete fast enough  tongue.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

i know everyone has their own opinion but my opinion is that anyone who thinks this game looks better then PGR3 needs to have their eyes examined.  i downloaded the demo and was sorry i wasted the time and bandwith, not only did they try to push that crap car the mustang on you to play with but the game looked like complete ass.  its a shame because atleast other EA titles there were SOME parts of the game that impressed me the least bit but this one just made me sick that it was even represented in such a way on our new console.

Ces2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

Dont get me wrong thou im not saying the game is trash. the game is one of the best for this series . The x factor is it worth the 60 bucks for the 360  and that is a definite no . I have a ati x850 xt pe and i run this game on max and it looks the same as on 360 and since i use the xbox360 wired controller it feels  the same to me

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 28 2005, 12:06 PM) View Post

Good 2 see I'm not the only one who saw right thru this title(graphically). Not putting down people who like the series or who bought it, just stating it looks like a slightly higher res xbox version(is that worth $60.00?). It also bummed me out while playing and I couldn't delete fast enough  tongue.gif

It did however make me truly appreciate the concept of downloading a game demo.  It's so nice to be able to play a game before you buy it.  

Rallisport Challenge 2 isn't backwards compatible?!  That's my all time favorite racing game.  I was looking forward to playing it with some sweet anti-aliasing.   sad.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Nov 28 2005, 04:33 PM) View Post

It did however make me truly appreciate the concept of downloading a game demo.  It's so nice to be able to play a game before you buy it.  

Rallisport Challenge 2 isn't backwards compatible?!  That's my all time favorite racing game.  I was looking forward to playing it with some sweet anti-aliasing.   sad.gif

Yeah it was cool to DL the demos for free.

And I feel your Rallisport pain sad.gif

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

Schweeet.