xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nba 2k6 Lockup  (Read 573 times)

TUUK

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Lockup
« on: April 23, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

Haven't played the game, but have had locking up issues with PDZ. I read a forum about Oblivian doing the same thing. They say it's due to a cache problem and I may agree. They also said holding down the A button as the console boots clears the cache. It may do nothing, but the boot logo stays on screen longer, so it seems to be doing something. This stopped my PDZ lockups (So far) and it seems 2K games is recommending people clear their cache, but they're doing it by having you play three different games first.

Try holding down the A button each time the console boots and let us know if it improves anything at all. Would love to know personally as NBA 2K6 is one game I planned on picking up.

Keep us up to date on anything you find that helps.
TUUK

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Lockup
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(chingadera @ Apr 23 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post

Is anyone else having issues with nba2k6? I originally thought this was a heating issue but I have recently installed the intercool fan and the game keeps locking up. I played fifa 06 with no issues. I know that this developer has been having issues with mlb2k6 sad.gif  for the same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

ill put money on it being the new update for the game..i stoped playing it for maybe 2weeks and then about a week ago i poped it in and live said it had a update for nba 2k6 that i had to DL,so i did and ever since the game has went to hell.

everytime i score i get vip points for scoring 100 points in a game,everytime i get a reb i get points for getting 20 rebounds in a game with one player ect along with all the rest of the vip point rewards.but the main things that happend was when im in GM mode and try to exit to go back to the main menu it locks up everytime,when in game it gets VERY choppy and even locks up sometimes..

i know it was the update becuase if i take the HDD off the 360 all of these probs go away...

spinr34

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Lockup
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

why does it seem like 2k games always have a lot of problems? i haven't played nba 2k6 but i've played college hoops 2k6 and i'd rather play nba live 06 over college hoops 2k6 any day.

Fredro

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Lockup
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThUgLoVe @ Apr 23 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post

ill put money on it being the new update for the game..i stoped playing it for maybe 2weeks and then about a week ago i poped it in and live said it had a update for nba 2k6 that i had to DL,so i did and ever since the game has went to hell.

everytime i score i get vip points for scoring 100 points in a game,everytime i get a reb i get points for getting 20 rebounds in a game with one player ect along with all the rest of the vip point rewards.but the main things that happend was when im in GM mode and try to exit to go back to the main menu it locks up everytime,when in game it gets VERY choppy and even locks up sometimes..

i know it was the update becuase if i take the HDD off the 360 all of these probs go away...

yeah i had mentioned a couple of these things in an earlier thread, but no one really said anything haha.

i just stopped using the VIP profile when playing games, and it seemed to stop most of the issues. hopefully they'll be correcting this.

mobettaut

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Lockup
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

I have NBA 2k6...it hasn't completely locked up since I got the intercooler, but before it would freeze up and you could hear the disc in the drive make noises and then I would get the dirty disc error. It has still though locked up for several seconds (after making "disc noises" on a few occasions) and I just waited it out and play resumed, but I also got a used copy so it could be that or that it was overheating.