xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cvs Grabbing Question  (Read 36 times)

Jaiyan

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« on: February 25, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

Firstly, this isn't a question about compiling or anything like. I have no problems there, it's grabbing the source code itself that I'm finding a pain.

I'm wanting to have a look at the XBMC code to see if I can make sense of it and possibly help out with bug fixes sometime. However, I'm having a bad time of it getting hold of the source code as I've never used the CVS system before.

I've got my hands on TortoiseCVS, and have used the settings I've found on the Sourceforge site and Frodo's post on the XBMC.de forums, but I can't seem to connect. Lots seems to have happened in regards to the hosting on Sourceforge since Frodo's post too, so I'm not too sure what's still right and what's wrong.

I've got three main questions:

1) When it asks for a password, supposedly you leave it blank and just press enter. I do this yet it keeps asking for a password.

2) I read on the XBMC forum that the module should be 'XBMC', and not 'xbmc'. However, the Sourceforge page says it should be all lowercase. Anyone got an idea as to what it should be? I've tried both uppercase and lowercase and have yet to get it working, so I'm sure it's something else, but I just wanted to check this.

3) I've read that it's been all change regarding the path to the files on the sourceforge servers. Still, I've been using the path that Sourceforge says to use but I'm in no luck either.

This here is a link to my current configuration. If someone could have a look to see if they can see any immediate problems with it I'd be grateful. And if you see anything, can you tell me exactly what I need to change to?

Jaiyan  <

Jaiyan

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

Ahhh, I think it might be the Server Shell bit that's wrong as I believe that's for developers.

I tried using the "Password Server :pserver:" option instead, however it says 'no such user'. Then I tried to change the username to just 'anonymous' but it also said 'no such user'

Getting closer, but still not there.
Any help is still appreciated :)  <

JayDee

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

Jaiyan

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

Hi Jaydee,

Thanks for your response, but that link was the thread I was talking about when I spoke of Frodo's post on the XBMC.de forum.

Using those settings, and the ones on the linked Sourcepage page, just don't seem to be working for me. It keeps saying that there's no such user, and that login was rejected. Here's the error message:

CODE

In : C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q login
CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc co xbmc

Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401:/cvsroot/xbmc co xbmc
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/xbmc co xbmc for user anonymous

That thread you linked to has a number of people with the same problem, and the last thing Frodo wrote was that people should use the anonymous link via the Sourceforge page. However, that's what I'm doing and still no luck :( Not sure what else I'm doing wrong  <_<  

This post has been edited by Jaiyan: Feb 25 2004, 11:52 PM <

JayDee

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc co XBMC

NOT

[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc co xbmc

or just

[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc

Settings in General tab:

Auth: Pserv
Path: /cvsroot/xbmc
Host adress: cvs.sourceforge.net
Username: anonymous
CVS Root: [email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc

I tried a anon checkout and guess what, works 100% with the settings _Frodo_ gives in the thread i posted above.

CVSROOT: [email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc (password authentication)
TCL or Python are not available, shell is disabled
cvs checkout -P XBMC (in directory C:\)
cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs server: Updating XBMC
U XBMC/.cvsignore
U XBMC/Build.bat
U XBMC/FileZilla Server.xml
U XBMC/LICENSE.GPL
U XBMC/XboxMediaCenter.xml
U XBMC/bugs.txt
U XBMC/keymap.xml
U XBMC/keymapping.txt
U XBMC/make-build.sh
U XBMC/skinning.txt
U XBMC/xbmc.sln
U XBMC/xbmc.suo
 <

Jaiyan

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

Thanks for your help, but no need to get sarcastic.

If you'd read my posts correctly, you'd have seen that I'd never disputed that Frodo's settings were wrong, I merely said that I couldn't get them working and wanted to know where I was going wrong.

If I can't get it to authenticate then fair enough, but the sarcasm was a bit immature.

Thanks anyway.

This post has been edited by Jaiyan: Feb 26 2004, 12:38 AM <

JayDee

• Archived User
Cvs Grabbing Question
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jaiyan @ Feb 26 2004, 01:26 AM)
Thanks for your help, but no need to get sarcastic.

If you'd read my posts correctly, you'd have seen that I'd never disputed that Frodo's settings were wrong, I merely said that I couldn't get them working and wanted to know where I was going wrong.

If I can't get it to authenticate then fair enough, but the sarcasm was a bit immature.

Thanks anyway.

what was sarcastic?

I just pointed out what you had wrong in your post.

xbmc co xbmc WILL not work!

sourceforge is on a UNIX system and UNIX is cAsEsEnSeTiV.

If you can not take advice why bother to ask for it?

Making screenshoot for help.....

PICTURE Think it is to large for posting here so making it external instead...

This post has been edited by JayDee: Feb 26 2004, 12:52 AM <