xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Madden Locking Up On Anyone Else?  (Read 650 times)

kmann1414

• Archived User
Madden Locking Up On Anyone Else?
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

So I just got my 360 yesterday and went out and rented some games.  Condemed, Perfect Dark, and Madden.  I've been able to play all the games just fine except for Madden It keeps locking my 360 up.  I thought it was maybe the disc, so I took it back to Blockbuster and got another, but got the same results.  Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?  Thanks for your time...

tNCecil

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

I had madden lock up around 5 times on me since i got it in November. Most of the time, the background just kept changing, and the playbook never came up.

kmann1414

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

So I called m$ and they had me take my hdd out and play madden with out it, and it seemed to work pretty good (not freezing up).  They had me put my hdd back in and format and try again.  Formated the drive and played madden with it in again and was able to get through a whole quarter before I turned it off.  They said I might have a problem with the hdd and if it acts up again i'll have to send it back.  Just wanted to share.

johnodd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

elder scrolls oblivion

does the exact same thing they recommend if you are having trouble with the 360 hard drive shut down the system with the madden or oblivion disk in the drive on power up hold the a button this will reset the internal cache on the 360's hard drive and fix several problems make sure you hold the a button untill the game loads

Ces2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

and how did u format it?

kmann1414

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

to format hdd go to the system tab on the dashboard.  then go to memory.  in there is an option to format hdd.

So it locked up on me again with the hdd out.  johnodd i'll try your fix.  They never said anything along those lines to me.  Did it fix the problem for you?

kmann1414

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

So I tried loading the game with the power button held in all the way.  I was able to get through most of the 1st quarter this time, but the results were the same.  Looks like I'm sending it back to m$ to fix.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

the holding a thing clears the internal cache not the entire HD like the Dash option does