xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is It True?  (Read 337 times)

mathias

• Archived User
Is It True?
« on: October 29, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

So did they make madden 360 from ground up... better visuals, game play, and realism?

or did they strip down madden on xbox improve visuals and package it?

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

Show me the article where it says ea sports was built from ground up for 360?

I heard (and sorry forget where) that EA Sports, are just the same as Xbox but with pumped up visuals and some even have less options as they were rushed for time

jvanepps

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

i heard it was built from the ground up as well. I just went pay off my 360 and put madden on reserve so i hope it is good. I will find out soon i guess.

gaz_dennis

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 29 2005, 11:41 PM)
i heard it was built from the ground up as well. I just went pay off my 360 and put madden on reserve so i hope it is good. I will find out soon i guess.

Deftech

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

If those games are built from the ground up, EA is more pathetic than I thought.

NFS looks terrible for a 360 game, thats a port 4 sure. Tiger woods is crap, Madden looks better than it did a while back but built from the ground up? Im not an EA fan so I dont get all worked up over this, but if thats EA's best efforts with early hardware, they are truly pathetic. I havent seen much of the Live one lately

I'll eat my words if the final versions are better than what we are seeing now, but yuck.

mathias

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

I read that madden was built from ground up in gameinformer mag.... the one with superman on the cover.... but I guess we all have to play it to believe it

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 29 2005, 09:31 PM)
If those games are built from the ground up, EA is more pathetic than I thought.

Deftech

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Oct 31 2005, 04:34 PM)
Your crazy or smoking some good stuff (if so pass it along) for me, I hate Football period and never played a madden game before, but always check the videos. This madden looks friggin real as hell

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 31 2005, 05:43 PM)
No offense but I don't put any stock into your comments after saying you didn't see "any" difference in the Kong pics.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

I believe they they built it from the ground up....

After all they're going to be using these "new" engines for the next 10 years of this consoles life  tongue.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

i dont believe that they can even build an engine from the ground up for the 360 if they wanted to, they only had the finished product since august, so that right there proves something.  also it seems more feasable that they just took the existing madden and rewrote enough of the engine to look (in their opinion) next gen.  i hate EA and the madden series but i do think it looks good.  however i have to agree that if it was really built for the ground for the 360 i would think it would look a lot better.  yes im impressed by the 3d crowds, the stadiums, and the character models but i was dissapointed by a lot more.  why isnt the grass pixal shaded?  why doesnt the skin of the players look better?  why is the lighting not as profound as in other games?  as much as this game impresses it also dissapoints IMO.  NBA LIVE does look next gen to me but madden doesnt look to really tap into the 360 even for a launch title.  if they could already get a level of realism for games like LIVE and Fight Night, why not their star sports game Madden??

KAGE360

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

tried to edit it but wouldnt let me, as i was going to add......

.....also while the superman is being developed by the same team and using the same engine (the madden 06 engine) the game is being developed for the 360 and the current gen of consoles.  so what does that mean?  the developers have already stated that they are building this as a next gen game first then scaling back for the current gen consoles but does that mean that they are using the next gen madden engine for the 360 version of superman and the current madden engine for the current gen consoles or are they using the next gen madden engine for all the consoles and just scaling back the game for the current gen of consoles because it would seem like more work then its worth to scale back a "next gen" engine just to make it work and fit on the current gen hardware (especially the ps2).  

something about all this just doesnt add up to me

KAGE360

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(gaz_dennis @ Oct 31 2005, 07:32 PM)
some good stuff in there.just a question about the point u make at the begining regarding the game engine.would they have needed the finished 360 to start develping a new engine.wouldnt the engine have been worked on then adapted for 360.surely this is the case when ur gonna be using the engine over a range of next gen platforms.

Deftech

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »

also im kinda confused on this whole using the engine for 10 years thing.  if the average life cycle of a console is 5 years, why would they use this madden engine (which already looks sub-par) on the next-next gen systems??

KAGE360

• Archived User
Is It True?
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 1 2005, 01:08 AM)
Because its EA...
Pages: [1] 2