xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Finally An In Game Madden 06 Vid....  (Read 372 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Finally An In Game Madden 06 Vid....
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:33:00 AM »

dont care for the series but for the fans enjoy.....

link for pics:
http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_1955_en.html

link for the vid:
http://www.xboxyde.c...ch_1649_en.html

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 05:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(DCOtter @ Sep 8 2005, 12:13 PM)
MADDEN SUCKS

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

the big reason that VC's nfl2k5 looked so good is because of their use of normal mapping in the game.  that coupled with other effects that were put to good use made the game stand out.  too bad there wont be anymore games for at least 4 more years.  

honestly i dont think the video is good enough to get an accurate impression.  i hate madden as well as EA but i wont write off any game before i get to see it in person in its final form.  i would never buy this game but i want to believe that it will at least come somewhat close to what their commercial has set us up for.  its definitely possible.  

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »

It looks like the same crappy engine...

the tackles look the same (shitty)...

madden is not worth 50$

2k is way better and its 20$

maybe many people didnt buy thinking it was to cheap to be better than madden..

I wonder if 2k5 can give us a download for the new season???

that would be great.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

Yeah, it does look like the same engine... just a little more pollished... anyways, it should be good either way.  I like EA's series much better than ESPN's.  ESPN just felt clunky overall - sure it had pretty good graphics but the controls and player response were just clumsy....

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rustmonkey @ Sep 8 2005, 10:18 AM)
Yeah, it does look like the same engine... just a little more pollished... anyways, it should be good either way.  I like EA's series much better than ESPN's.  ESPN just felt clunky overall - sure it had pretty good graphics but the controls and player response were just clumsy....

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

2k is way better and its 20$

maybe many people didnt buy thinking it was to cheap to be better than madden..

the reason it was so cheap is because it was co-published between sega and take two so basically each one of them only had to pay half the cost of what it took to make the game.  and if i wasnt mistaken i thought that it actually outsold madden last year.  

Yeah, it does look like the same engine... just a little more pollished... anyways, it should be good either way. I like EA's series much better than ESPN's. ESPN just felt clunky overall - sure it had pretty good graphics but the controls and player response were just clumsy....

i had a problem with all of the maddens controls because they would switch the button lay-out between offense and defense which really annoyed me.  to many ESPN's controls were more responsive because madden puts a bigger emphasis on the momentum of the football players so it would take a little while longer for them to change their direction mid-sprint.  and i dont see how it was clumsy, they had all the buttons in the right spot that would make sense so you wouldnt have to angle your hands in any weird angles just to pull of any of the moves required during a game.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

someone abducted KAGE.. he would never ever say..

I want to believe that it will at least come somewhat close to what their commercial has set us up for. its definitely possible.

even putting slightly any faith in EA is beneath him, someone at his new job killed him, shoved him in the closet, and is taking over at the forums for him.

First off he hates Maddens, which the perpetrator admits, but if he hates both Madden and EA, why bother to care or "believe" that it will come close to the commercial? This is EA!!!!!

I got scolded for even thinking about getting NFS:Most Wanted. Now this intruder says he "believes"..

Intruder!! Intruder!!!!!

user posted image

get the guns! lets the dogs loose!

pop.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

you my friend are a true ass   laugh.gif

i should clarify that i dont have the least bit of faith in EA or the madden series, i do however have all the faith in the world in the 360 being able to produce graphics close to that commercial, that is what i was implying.  

speaking of which, i was happy to read yesterday that the head Tool at EA (Don Matrick) stepped down and is no longer the boss man over there.  makes no difference to me because EA will always be EA and it will take a great game for me to buy one off of them.  i can admit they put out the rare few good games (as someone has pointed out it depends on what part of EA its from) burnout being one and HL coming out soon im sure will be another.  but with the 360 around the corner i have better things to spend my money on.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

aww they lost don your buddy! lol I know you despised him  beerchug.gif

I knew what you meant but its concerning a shit game from a shit company. Use the word "believe" with other games, dont associiate it with EA..its blasphemous! lol

pop.gif

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

When runing the ball in madden kage360 mentioned the momentum well it seems that they are carying john madden himself on there backs....

if you have 2k5 go to the 25th anniverary mode and tell me if madden has ever come close to that they even add players like jerry rice in the 49ers dynasty.

or little details that make a good football game like online challenges

the players chatter or when they get hurt and besides madden 06 has copied lots of 2k stuff..

this sounds evil but if it takes madden crokking to get better football out there then so be it.. muhaha.gif

qwerty710710

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

First off this is a flash video so it's going to look like crap automaticlly, it's low res, this game is probaly not using the final devs kits, and the game isn't out yet!!! Wait until the X05 then make your final desion.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

they cant do much but polish whats already being finalized between now and X05, thats only 3 weeks off dude.

Higher res isnt going to make an old engine play better.

X05 is around the time games are going to be sent off to be pressed and set for retail.

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

I actually love madden. I have been a fan since the 1980's on Sega Genesis. Now EA in general I don't believe is one of the best developers out their but Madden and recently NCAA (which I can't make it through the day without playing) will keep me coming back for more.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2