xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Pages On Tomb Raider Legend @ Ign  (Read 243 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
3 Pages On Tomb Raider Legend @ Ign
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

http://xbox360.ign.c...1/661095p1.html

Good read for any fan of the first 2 or 3. I smiled when I read this...
It should focus on adventure and exploration. It should feature an athletic, nimble heroine who moves like an athletic, nimble heroine, and it should evolve in essence and playability from the best qualities found in the first games of the series, Tomb Raider 1 and 2. And it should delight gamers with gorgeous, exotic settings.

beerchug.gif

No 360 pics, and even the pspoo ones look good.

They mention that the video we saw was indeed using the 360 version but we already knew that.

Its been 8 years since I played part 2. Im dying for the true revival of this series!

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

1 was awesome, 2 was just as good and maybe better and 3 was decent without hurting the brand name, but the rest were crappy.

Had hopes for the new one until I saw the crappy cartoon flip animation and the bazookas...

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  love.gif  beerchug.gif

cant wait.  i loved the first 3 and it went down hill after that.  i cant wait to see what they have done to bring back the magic of part 1 and 2

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

Decent read.  I loved the "wink" teaser.  A little too "Matrix" for me, but if that's the game engine for 360, I'm excited.  

Now I just hope that the game is worthy of that TR1 and TR2 comparison IGN threw around.  Nothing will ever be more fun than the platforming in the Greek level of TR1.  I loved having to go to various challenges (Damocles was hard!) all in the same room... then diving to my death from the top floor was icing on the cake.  Maybe it's just that I'm scared of unrestrained heights, but that was an intensely fun experience.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Oct 26 2005, 12:01 PM)
Decent read.  I loved the "wink" teaser.  A little too "Matrix" for me, but if that's the game engine for 360, I'm excited. 

Now I just hope that the game is worthy of that TR1 and TR2 comparison IGN threw around.  Nothing will ever be more fun than the platforming in the Greek level of TR1.  I loved having to go to various challenges (Damocles was hard!) all in the same room... then diving to my death from the top floor was icing on the cake.  Maybe it's just that I'm scared of unrestrained heights, but that was an intensely fun experience.

Hahaha

St Francis Folly my brother  beerchug.gif "Pierre, youre such a litter bug"

Kage and I played that game to death, thinking of it still brings a smile to my face.

We used to jump off the top and see how many times we could draw the shotgun on our way down..haha

Damocles, the sword room, ahh the memories of the 1st time dying in there.

I remember the first croc you come across in St Francis Folly, I soiled myself. But I was already soiled from the Trex in Lost Valley.

Thors hammer got me once or twice too  laugh.gif

I remember those maps like I played them yesterday. Good grief why can't they get us a compilation like we get with other games.

They should put TR 1 on the damn Legend disc! We get Dooms, Wolfenstiens, Quakes, DOAs, I want TR 1!!!!!

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

Your memory is astounding Def.

I wonder how much of that memorization was enhanced by the trigonometric placement of lara's boobs.  Hahaha, PS1 graphics and all!  She was so hot and she only used 1000 polys, if that many.

PS1 Lara = |> |>   laugh.gif

Still looking forward to Legends tho.  I loved Defiance from the Kain series so I hope this one shines on.  And bring back St. Fransis' Folly!!!

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Oct 26 2005, 02:26 PM)
Your memory is astounding Def.

I wonder how much of that memorization was enhanced by the trigonometric placement of lara's boobs.  Hahaha, PS1 graphics and all!  She was so hot and she only used 1000 polys, if that many.

PS1 Lara = |> |>   laugh.gif

Still looking forward to Legends tho.  I loved Defiance from the Kain series so I hope this one shines on.  And bring back St. Fransis' Folly!!!

Like I told you on AIM, I could name all 15 maps in order, and sit down and remember where every pickup/item is.

Same goes for TR 2, ahh the Opera House, or the underwater favorite, The Deck.

I beat those 2 games until I got everything possible, so I had no choice but to know all the maps inside and out.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

i would buy X360 alone just to play this game  beerchug.gif

Tomb Raider in Hi-def  love.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 12:31:00 AM »

If this game turns out to be as good as the original then I'm all over it!

Part of me wants to jump in joy at the possibility but another part keeps me strapped down with skepticism.

Still, it's hard to ignore this game....
Oh well, at least it isn't too far away from release!

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

I remember playing TR1 for the first (my memory is not as good as def so bear with me) and i went to the highest point of the level just for fun cause i couldnt figure out the puzzle, when i was at that point I just dived of and i felt butterflies in my stomach........it was the coolest thing, it was as if i was jumping that distance for real. Ill never 4get that part biggrin.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Oct 27 2005, 10:10 PM)
I remember playing TR1 for the first (my memory is not as good as def so bear with me) and i went to the highest point of the level just for fun cause i couldnt figure out the puzzle, when i was at that point I just dived of and i felt butterflies in my stomach........it was the coolest thing, it was as if i was jumping that distance for real. Ill never 4get that part biggrin.gif

hahaha awesome  beerchug.gif

I remember breaking thru the floor into the huge pool at the end of sanctuary of the scion(the map that had a pair of uzis floating on an invisible platform). A huge statue was in there, you could get between the ears and dive off into the pool. Id hold my breath..hahahaha. There was actually a hidden medpack in the ear or something, you could see it when clipping occured, I dont know if you could actually pick it up, because I didnt and it still showed I got all pick ups when i beat that map. I inspected every inch of those maps until TR 2 hit. I was truly obsessed.

I honestly shed a tear when that game ended and she rode off on the boat. I never wanted that game to end, and overall will forever be one of the best gaming experiences ever for  me.