xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eidos Confirms Tomb Raider: Legend Forxbox360  (Read 320 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Eidos Confirms Tomb Raider: Legend Forxbox360
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »

Eidos' hot-panted artefact snatcher definitely heading to Sony's portable and MS's next-gen monster

Tomb Raider Legend, the sixth game in the popular sarcophagus-bothering platform series, will definitely be heading to Xbox 360 and PSP according to publisher Eidos.

Legend is in development at San Diego-based Crystal Dynamics and is currently scheduled for release on PS2, Xbox and PC in November. Xbox 360 and PSP versions have been rumoured for a few months now after Eidos mentioned the platforms in a recent financial report.

While reps for the UK publisher labelled the suggestions as mere "ideas" at the time, now Eidos has confirmed to CVG.com that next-gen and portable versions of Tomb Raider: Legend are on the way.

I just hope it resembles parts 1 and 2 in some way, as the rest were shit.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jun 3 2005, 07:22 PM)
I just hope it resembles parts 1 and 2 in some way, as the rest were shit.

Not sure what you mean about part 1, 2. cos they gonna get rid of "grid" based gameplay to have similar to normal platform game. Though the "feel" and the environment will be similar to 1st and 2nd game, good old Tomb raiding...  smile.gif

But i don't think they'll make the same mistake as Angle of Darkness, though this is design by Crystal Dynamic and not Core.

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

The trailers show some good stuff but also some very crappy stuff. Seriously, how bad does the new slide kick look? A bad guy pops up, she runs and does a Mario slide and sends him spinning backwards in the air then starts shooting. What a joke.
Then we have the bazooka's...

I had hope when I heard the Legacy of Kain team were working on the game, but it willl barely be better than the last game. Kill her off for good.