xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where Have All The Maulers Gone?  (Read 218 times)

Tiuk

• Archived User
Where Have All The Maulers Gone?
« on: February 03, 2020, 01:20:00 AM »

Is it just me? Today it seemed like every map that was supposed to have maulers had them missing. I noticed it on Guardian and Construct. Did Bungie remove them, or was everyone just grabbing them up and not using them (unlikely)?

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »

I was just playing social slayer on construct and there was no mauler/s to be seen.....  uhh.gif

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 01:52:00 PM »

I guess Bungie made some changes to try and balance things out. It's true that there were too many maulers, but I don't think getting rid of them entirely is the answer. Maybe making them spawn less frequently, and in fewer spots.

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bungie.net @ 12/7/2007 5:16 PM PST)
The December 11 playlist update is well into testing. This playlist is going to include a playlist specifically for the new Heroic DLC maps (so that early adopters can get their fix in), as well as incorporating those maps into the general playlists. In addition, we're reasonably sure that variety updates to almost all of the playlists will be included. This includes some long requested BR Start variants, wider map selection in the Ranked playlists, and a couple of map variants that we're going to try in BTB to start with.

Bungie Weekly Update: 12/07/07

I <3 Bungie for this update. I don't like the Team Duals, but everything else is pure awesome.

LONG LIVE THE BATTLE RIFLE!

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Molten Universe @ Dec 13 2007, 01:29 AM) View Post

True, but the BR mauler combo was like my fave... this is lame.

Well, I just always hated how almost all the gametypes became a race for the super weapons. It was less about skill and more about who could get the Rocket Launcher, Sword, Shotgun, etc. first. It didn't help that we spawn with only an Assault Rifle. Unless you get someone with a grenade, going into the fray with just an AR is suicide.

With a BR (and maybe a grenade, depending on the situation), you can easily take out anyone if you're good with headshots.

My average stats per game has been noticeably (though not significantly) increased because of this update.

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

Bungie Weekly Update - 12/21/07

They list all the changes made to the maps here.

Effective v2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

if i am not mistaken all the newbs ran away with all of them, dont complain pick up a br, better choice anyways smile.gif