xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "game Failed To Start"  (Read 102 times)

hardcandy

• Archived User
"game Failed To Start"
« on: October 11, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

Maybe something to do with the saved games folder. Can you access the hard drive and the Saved Games folder (not sure what it would be named) and if there is a Halo 3 folder (again, not sure what it would be named) delete the contents. I have read a couple of times where something happened and the Halo 3 saved games folder became corrupt and prevented loading the game.
Another idea:
"#  Peter Miller Says:
September 26th, 2007 at 9:27 pm

This is a consumer report regarding Halo 3.
We purchased our copy of Halo 3 and the game was played for approximtely 6 hours.
The XboX 360 was shut off for the night and not started again for approximately 15 hours.
Immediately upon starting gameplay the game would proceed no further than calibrating the Master Chief in the opening scene when the game would suddenly, on its own with no user input, revert to the opening scene of the Master Chief falling his 2 km. Halo 3 continues no further than the Master Chief falling and it repeatedly restarts from the cut scene, not even making it to the calibration again.
There is no scratch on the disc from the special edition packaging however, when looking closely at the disc in bright sunlight , the metalic layer which holds the program information
appears as though it was a water spotted piece of paper or fabric. There is a clear difference between the shading of one part of the disc as compared to the part right next to it. This may be a defect in the manufacturing process particular only to our copy (ie. 1 bad disc) or it may be common to the entire batch of discs manufactured during that production run (ie. 100 bad discs). Regardless, the metalic layer is not uniform across the disc and the gameplay has ceased beyond the opening scene after having performed flawlessly for 6 hours. This was a limited edition disc packaged and sold as the ‘Legenday’ Edition.
At this moment I have not had a chance to try the disc on another XboX 360 console but I will try to see if this problem is related to our disc, my console alone or a permanent fatal error common to multiple discs from that production run.
End of report".
And another thing, is your 360 modded?

eddievs5

• Archived User
"game Failed To Start"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

Vert10, where is the game save located that you deleted?