Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Halo3  (Read 1382 times)

SupremeWarlord

• Archived User
Halo3
« on: June 30, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

This is a list of what I would like to see in Halo3

*Please read before posting.*

-Please post the numbers you agree with and disagree with an explanation why.

-PLEASE do not flame me or anyone else for there thoughts, flaming is not cool.

-Also, don't think I’m bashing Halo 2 or Halo, They were the two best games on XBOX in my opinion, these are just a list of ideas I would like to see in halo 3.

1. Keep no fall damage in the game (it adds more possibilities, you can escape more ways, ex.)

2. Get rid of melee lunge or make it smaller (it is to easy to assassinate people)

3. Get rid of sword, or at least tweak it (I don’t know, It glitches allot and seems to be lag sensitive)

4. Bigger field of view (halo 1 was fine, halo 2 seems scrunched and zoomed)

5. Halo 1's warthog controls, or easier power slides

6. Less glitches/ways to cheat

7. A list of games you can choose from for custom games, NOT for match making otherwise people good at snipers will only play snipers games and get to LVL 9999.

8. Map editor (you could sell your good maps with the gamer card thingy on Xbox 360)

9. Fixed shotgun

10. 50 people to play with or more like PDZ. They could then have more matchmaking play lists like "Huge team battle"

11. Radar on head to head, and in all matchmaking matches. Imo no radar stinks

12. Radar fixed (sometimes there’s a red dot appearing behind me when I am up against a wall and a enemy is coming from directly in front of me, Don’t know if anyone else had this problem?)

13. Halo 1's depth percentage (In halo 1 you could clearly make out enemies from a distance, in halo 2 there all blurred and you can’t tell what they are, sometimes you can’t even see them)

14. Clearer pictures when zoomed in on objects (in halo 1 when you zoom in on the ammo cases you can read every word, In halo 2 if you zoom in on any sign its gets all blurry and you can not read it)

15. Better and longer single player (halo ones I loved, Halo 2's didnt get me into it as much as halo 1. I still play halo 1's single player. Halo 1 took me a week to beat the first time, and Halo 2 took me a day)

16. No popping graphics (this wont be a problem with the new systems)

17. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 (Bungie has not decided witch new system to release on yet)

18. Smarter A.I. like promised (can call in backup when needed).

19. Ability to shoot lights out and hide from covies/people to charge sheild.

20. Run as fast as halo 1, halo 2 seems like your running through water.

21. Make the flood more interesting some how, they seem boring imo.

22. Come up with something other than invisible walls or invisible trampalines to block you from places you should be able to get. (keep invisible walls that make you not be able to get out of levels, but over a teleporter in warlock there is a whole you should be able to get to but the invisible wall blocks you, get rid of it if it causes imbalance in game play when un blocked. Also the invisible trampoline that blocks you from getting into the tunnel with a banshee after crossing the bridge in metropolis should be gone, come up with something more creative to block you with, like not letting you be able to board the banshees there or get rid of the banshees in that area all together.)

23. Keep auto-aim but make it like halo 1's (halo 1's was fine, halo 2's was way to much it’s to easy to no scope with the sniper)

24. Keep the grenades the same as Halo 2's on how far you can throw them (halo 1 it was way to easy to kill someone with a grenade all the way across the map)

25. Keep everything else the same as Halo 2, including the auto updates

26. I almost forgot online co-op. Also, keep co-op the way it is on legendary in halo 2, when one person dies both go back to the last check point (in halo 1 it was to easy to hide one guy and get the other to keep spawning until you beet the game on legendary.)

27. Make the jackal snipers have to at least lift there gun and aim to snipe you, I mean come on!

28. Keep the hunters with fuel rod guns, I don’t like the new beams they shoot.

29. No flame thrower. (not a big deal if its there though)

30. No halo 1 pistol, it is way to powerful (I liked the pistols power before the auto-update now its to weak though.)

31. More destructible environments would be cool

32. Slow down the "noob combo" by making the pp overheat and not let you change weapons until the pp is done overheating. Make it so you can only charge the pp for 5 seconds before it automatically discharges.

33. Put back the medals that tell other people what difficulty you beat each level in, they were cool and they gave you bragging rights.

34. Make rockets harder to lock onto warthogs, spectras and ghosts (not the banshee because you can evade rockets with them if your good, to evade rockets with warthogs takes luck.)

35. Make the scorpion tank like halo 1's was. (its really really slow now)

36. Let people be able to ride on the side of the scorpion and not just computers.

37. Let you see arbiter in cutseens but do not let us play as him, MC all the way!

38. Halo 1 assualt rifle (people would pick this over the smg's unless they were dual weilding, they would pick it in close quarters over the BR because its full auto.

39. Make the marines have less anoying line, espesially the girl marines.

40. Make no invincible alies, an no bosses at all. ( I like how sg. johnson could die but he came back because he was important to the story.)

41. Make the phantoms completly destructable.

42. Details with sniper (like night vision, target distance and elevation like in halo 1

43. I would also like to see the pelican, the phantom, and the shadow in multyplayer ( Xbox 360 should be able to hold up to 50 people as seen in PDZ and this should make the pelican and phantom work.)

Shinamano

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

I agree that you should only play as the MC throught the game...I agree that the Warthog controls were better in part one and I also agree that the environments should be destructable...that is about it for your list. Do you really believe that this will not be on 360?

This is floating around the net...a list of rumored Halo 3 features:
1) It will have a darker and more gritty story than the previous games.

2) They’re attempting to maintain an online cooperative component for the campaign supporting more than two players at once.

3) It has a lot of cinematics planned for it. The opening scenes apparently occur thousands of years before the timeline of the original Halo: Combat Evolved’s story.

4) It will have a multiplayer mode which pits players against bots in scenarios that are directly connected to the story of the game.

5) They’re attempting to implement both a map editor and a movie maker, which would allow players to send and receive their maps/movies through Xbox Live. This would apparently be on a separate disc, and they have an entire team working just on these two projects.

6) Zanzibar, Sidewinder and Hang Em High are said to return to the multiplayer mode, completely reworked. Zanzibar will be mangled and torn apart as though after the battle, the sky will be dark red. Sidewinder will have four legs instead of just two, with bases at each end. Hang Em High will have a massive tree at its center and the structure will be deteriorated.

7) They want to support more than fifty players on Xbox Live for certain maps.

Things I would like:
1. Longer and harder game.
2. More chaotic war (see Call of Duty 2 trailer on gametrailers).
3. Multiple ways to complete objectives (paths).
4. Land, air, water, urban and space combat.
5. Grandiose story.
6. Large scale battles (see COD2 trailer) that encompass entire cities.
7. Large caliber weapons like a Howitzer.
8. Co-op play that multiplies difficulty (ie legendary with 2 people = twice as many enemies on Legendary difficulty)
9. The return of the remaining Spartans (from the books).
10. OSDT troopers actually 'helljumping' into battle.
11. Sarge, Keyes and the Arbitors death.
12. New vechicles including aircraft and boats.
13. New weapons that reflect human advancement (it does take place 500 years in the future).
14. Gore...I want to be able to shoot an Elite in the arm and have it severed.
15. Bodies to remain where they fall.
16. Massive human casualties in the war for Earth.
17. Background life...like animals, birds and such.

Anyway...I have rambled too long...

crobar

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 (Bungie has not decided witch new system to release on yet)

its going on the 360  dry.gif

SupremeWarlord

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(crobar @ Jun 30 2005, 01:57 PM)
its going on the 360  dry.gif

Shinamano

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

Thanks man...you should hear my ideas on Street Fighter 4!  tongue.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(SupremeWarlord @ Jun 30 2005, 02:18 PM)
MS does not own bungie, they only had a deal w/ bungie for bungie to create games for MS on the Xbox not the 360... yet.  They could change consoles if they wanted to but it would be highly unlikely and it would be a shame unsure.gif

br0w

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »

1. a good game

2. more elites. way more of them. i saw a major lack in elites in halo 2. (which may in turn have made it a bad one [in my opinion, no flames pls])

halofreak007

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

i want a better campagin without a cliffhanger ending like in halo2 sea combat would be cool  biggrin.gif

SC2

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »

1. I want it to be scarier, darker, and more unexplainable noises  smile.gif , like doom 3, stuff popin out of places and junk.
2.I need guns, more guns, just a wackload of them. Bigger guns too, like giant launchers.
3. Sound.. big sounds, sounds like birds chirping, and things you would hear anyway lightly and off in the distance.
4. I want it to be as real as it can get.. like:
a. If there is a tree around, and a big sound come birds should fly out of that tree.
b.Guns should make flashes. Flashes=Silhoutes(sp?).
c. Detailed, everything should be deatailed.
5.More enemies, more more more. Different kinds, the covie and the flood are ok, but how bout some like derrange rebel humans... MIX IT UP!
6.Objects to hit things with, bats, wood, bricks etc.
7.Sweet camera views, like if you pick up a weapon, itd be sweet if u looked down, and grabbed it. If there is a big sound you look instinctively. Some people might not like it so let them turn it off if they dont want it!
8. Allies, not pussy allies like these marines. I want someone who can kick some *** when it gets tough. But not for all of it.. no that wouldnt be good.

I have more idea ill put down later, but a show is on i must watch, yes.

---SC2 (first post in months  tongue.gif )

Shinamano

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

SC...good lord man put the bong down...

I also wanted to add this:
18. (I am all about difficulty) On the Highest Level Legendary you have a limited number of lives before you have to start the stage over.

I got sick of this guy in college playing Legendary dying around every cover and saying it was easy grr.gif

Twasi

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

I'd be fine with more diverse gameplay instead of the repetitive shoot and duck gameplay.

Mr_Shiver

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »

Question: what do you want Halo 3 to be like?

Answer: Much more like Halo 1, alot less like Halo 2

crobar

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

every thing about halo 3 should be large scale...
remember halo hen you  waled into an already large and running batle?
that was cool it gave a sence that the battle was going on before you got there and now its your job to clean up...
id love to see a huuuge batle  clone wars style drop ships  huge tanks lots of enemies...
the next halo need to wow everyone again...
bungie has gotten soft

KAGE360

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

i dont think MS owns bioware as they have said even though they have 2 titles in the works for the 360 they are still willing to look at the other next gen systems.  

as for halo 3:

1. CO OP PLEASE, the reason i really dont care for halo2 online.  huge let down
2. only play as master cheif, i dont care for any other story arch.
3. keep all that they did to make the weapons more balanced and tweaked in halo2  they did a lot of work to fix or refine everything from halo1
4. atleast 50 player online.
5. longer story, i understand the lack of load times and the quick pace of part 2 made it feel shorter then it actually was, but how hard can it be to make the next one longer on such a deep universe.
6. better graphics and AI are a given, but give more player interactivity to the environments. your cover crumbling under heavy fire just like in Gears of War.
7. more massive battle scenes from part 1. which i think we'll see in the war on earth.
8. keep the hype to a realistic level, i know the game was great, but i believe i wasnt let down like others because i didnt expect too much i kept it real

cant really think of anything else. i do however have faith in bungie even though they have let me down on a few things.  they know they have to pull out the big guns and i think they will pull through

Andy51

• Archived User
Halo3
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

6. Less glitches/ways to cheat

Please???!!!??? Are you insane??? Glitching is a HUGE part of the Halo series, its one of the biggests reasons why people still play Halo 2 after finishing the game, Its second next to Xbox Live... which is FIRST!
HIH
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6