xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Halo 3 Next June?  (Read 1132 times)

Xtrem

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

According to an updated listing on GameStop, Halo 3 will be released next June. This product page shows the third installment in the Halo series scheduled for release on June 1st, 2006.

But before you start counting the days, GameStop warns you that “price, release date, content and title are subject to change and/or cancellation by vendor.” We don’t expect MS to cancel the game but definitely to set a release date different from that appearing on GameStop.

This new retail listing follows Bill Gates’ comments on the Halo 3 release date. In an interview with the Time magazine, Gates claimed MS will release the third installment of Halo just in time for the launch of the PlayStation 3. It could be possible that GameStop created this new record based on Gates’ comments.

It is also worth mentioning that the product page lists the game as selling for $59.99.

Link

Deftech

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

here we go with dates again for Halos...

lol

unless the ps3 is hitting US shores on June 1st, that date means nothing.

thanks for the info though. This would be the first time its shown up at all correct?

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

Halo 3 will be released on, or within a day or two of the PS3.

illuminati

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

I wonder what the date is for the next Cortana letters or ilovebees.. tongue.gif

bluvasa

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

Sorry guys I'm not convinced yet.

Old man Bill can say what ever he wants, but until I hear it from Bungie I won't believe it.

I think Bungie would be hard pressed to release H3 a year from now.  They probably could do it but I still think its pushing it.

I don't want this title to be rushed, so I will convince my self that they will release it on their own schedule, not Sony's.

Xtrem

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

Please ! I Don't Want To See ILoveBees.com Back On ! Please !

towelie1098

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

They can take as long as they want for this one. Just return the quality story like the one that was in the first one and ill be happy  pop.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

in today's Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Robbie Bach is quoted as saying:

We haven't announced anything on what Bungie is doing or where we're going with the future of the 'Halo' franchise. With all respect to Bill, I don't run Bungie's studio, and neither does he.

3dfx

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

I just hope Sony dont pull the PS3's release to far forward, otherwise we might get an unfinished or unpolished game  blink.gif

Twasi

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

Bill can say whatever he want's. I don't believe it will come out in a year, it would be to much of a rush, it would be a stretch if it was on the xbox, but whole new hardware!?! I don't think so, even though bungie was probably the first to get their hands on the hardware. I believe Bungie learned from their mistakes of rushing a game by the somewhat sour reaction to Halo 2, and will put more time into making Halo back into the type of game that started it all.

spearfree

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

I think that if Bungie release the h3 in June next year, they will 4 sure fuck up the game or maybe the game won't even be completed the way it should be (ment to be). But, if they r waiting for ps3 lunch...sony might just release the console way to early and the game won't come out or it will be totaly fucked up.

I totaly agree with bluvasa!  beerchug.gif

_Agamemnon_

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xtrem @ Jun 1 2005, 10:34 AM)
Please ! I Don't Want To See ILoveBees.com Back On ! Please !

wasting

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

I wish they would have just held h2 to be a launch title with the 360.

Twasi

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

I think if they would have held H2 until the 360 release people would lose som interest, no one would have wanted to wait 2 more year. Fans were complaining when they delayed it a few months. Halo is held to such high standards that people complain when they released halo 2, it was still a GREAT game, and yet people bitch and moan calling it horrible? it might not have lived up to the perfection they were expecting but calling it trash is a little far. Hopefully Halo 3 will be completed, and I hope you're wrong Kev052683 releasing level by level for money on XBL like M$ has hinted about would be the worst idea ever. Sure people mayb buy them but I would imagine that would put alot of people off from the series, I know I would be mad, there is no reason to charge $50 for the game then another $2-3 a level....

wasting

• Archived User
Halo 3 Next June?
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 06:35:00 AM »

all 3 is going to be is tweaks to 2 that was supposed to have done when it came out. remember 2 had to be downgraded to play on xbox
Pages: [1] 2 3 4