xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Star Power Button  (Read 261 times)

solid7x2

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »

I broke my foot and have to play guirar hero sitting down.  
I find it very dificult to "Rock out" for Star Power.
I also find it very difficult to hit the back button in its current location for Star Power.

I was thinking about opening up the guitar, splicing into the back button wire, and moving the button to an easier location.

Has anyone ever done this or thought of it?

Tripme

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »

You only have to tilt the guitar up a little bit to activate star power.  I had no idea how to even do star power until someone showed me all I had to do was tilt the guitar.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

still, even that movement is enough to f' up your combo... a button behind the neck of the guitar would be a good location, though it does take a bit of the spirit of the game away... wink.gif

JaredC01

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

I thought about it as well... it would be easier to put the button close to your right hand instead of the neck though imo, as your left hand is already quite busy with the 5 buttons there, and your right hand is doing nothing but strumming.  I thought about a switch in an easy location for my pinky finger to reach.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »

I had thought about doing something like that too, I wouldn't think it would be too hard.  I'm planning on painting some of my guitar just for the fun of it, so I'll probably take it apart to do that.  No guarantee on when I'll start on it or anything though, but I'll try to take some pictures.

BoNg420

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »

moving the start button would be a good idea also, for those in the middle of the song pisses

solid7x2

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

The problem is; and seems to effect me more while sitting, that im holding the damned guitar vertical and the start power doesnt activate.  Then I get angry and start cursing and screaming, and start missing notes.  Then of course as soon as my multiplier is back to 1x, the star power activates; making me curse and scream more and wanting to smash the guitar.

I will post pics if i decide to do this.

Also I dont need to move the start button for those pisses, I just use a bedpan.  smile.gif

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
Star Power Button
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

lol I have been thinking of something like this for a long time too. I was thinking of doing some type of foot pedal that could be unplugged when not in use. A mono headphone m/f jack would prob work well. Oh well Im still brain storming the idea, maybe once i get my hands on a second guitar ill give it a try.