xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Guess Practice Makes Perfect?  (Read 274 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
I Guess Practice Makes Perfect?
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

I beat easy no problems.  Now I am trying medium and man is it hard.  I tried hard and expert just to try and failed immediately.

I always mess up on like the green and yellow combos and press the red in between. Plus having to press the blue key doesnt help to much.  Then after playing the game for so long my room looks wavy and I first thought I was having an acid flashback.  ohmy.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »

Just got through medium 5 stars every song. I am a veteran, but it still presented challenges! Great game, so addicted and I love 360 for bringing it home.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE PINKY ACTION. Work them blues! YOU CAN DO IT! Message in a Bottle is a great practice song to get great at. Got my 500 notes today with it!!

If anyone needs any pointers, by all means, pm me on xbl.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »

once you get your pinky under control medium is a breeze and is really fun.

ive moved onto hard and you have to shift you hand down the fretboard when the orange comes along, that's tricky, but yeah.

use the practice mode, its really useful.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 03:16:00 AM »

WIKI-OWNED!!!

IPB Image

PINKY CONTROL OH BABY! PINKY CONTROL! WHATS WITH THAT? MOST UNDERRATED FINGER AND THATS A FACT! BE THERE LITTLE BUDDY FOR OUR BLUES AND OUR ORANGE.

NOTHING RHYMES WITH ORANGE.

ADD: MAN! Sometimes my gamertag sig is slow. I five starred the medium hours ago! tongue.gif 26000....

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 03:43:00 AM »

^

there shouldbe a new rule added about people being weird

laugh.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 04:33:00 AM »

Hey, dont forget you're on my friends list, now you asking for it!!!  muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 04:37:00 AM »

i got stuck on mother on hard..just cant do it.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »

i picked it up on hard, and its definately challenging, haven't finished all the songs yet, i'm about 30 for 48

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

yes the pinky is underrated.  I feel i only need 2 fingers.  The middle and the thumb, but the thumb isnt really a finger is it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

i just tried a song on hard... and thats where it starts being like youre really playing a guitar... smile.gif

did crap at first, but got it almost down a few times after that...

*for the next gh, they should make the neck wider and have the buttons be 'bendable'... meaning youd push it up when the note bends... thatd be awesome... esp as the way they have it now you do a hammer on or pulloff or just hit a completely seperate note for the bends, which is a bit off putting if you actually play guitar...  dry.gif

capninsano

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

I'm trying to 5 star all of the songs on expert. I've gotten all but about 12. Basically the last two sets of songs minus madhouse and also add tattoed love boys or whatever, I can't seem to nail it well enough.

Practice does make perfect. My advice to those of you having problems with the orange button:
1. Master medium (using the pinky for blue specifically)
2. When you reach hard and especially expert, make your default hand position where your index finger is on the red, middle on yellow, ring on blue, and pinky on orange. It's a lot easier to reach the green button with your index finger than it is the orange button with your pinky. That's my biggest piece of advice and is what helped me the most.

EDIT: This is my first post in like 4 years. Damn my sig needs updated. I'm still using numbers for letters. haha

JStumpalump150

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »

i downloaded all of the songs and listen to them in my car, and that helps a lot too. cuz then you know the song and the beat instead of going in blind and not knowing how it is going to be. i think it helps. you can get through easy and medium without knowing the songs but when going into hard it helped a lot cuz you can tell when solos are coming and what chord progressions are coming up and also if there are any off beat notes that would catch you off guard

Aggression

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »

I am done with Hard.  It was hard.... but once you get enough controll of going from green too orange its sooooooooo easy. green to orange green to orange. knowing how to move like that kinda beats hard for you.  another thing is when there is what I like to call a "stream of notes" where it goes in order from green to orange.  once you learn how to do these the game is soooo easy and you can showoff and it looks cool hitting like 200000 notes per second smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

basso4735

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Apr 9 2007, 02:14 AM) View Post

I beat easy no problems.  Now I am trying medium and man is it hard.  I tried hard and expert just to try and failed immediately.

I always mess up on like the green and yellow combos and press the red in between. Plus having to press the blue key doesnt help to much.  Then after playing the game for so long my room looks wavy and I first thought I was having an acid flashback.  ohmy.gif

thats exactly how i was last week when i first got the game. this week ive made it to the 5th group of songs on hard. most i 3 starred, a couple i 4 starred. the hammer ons and pull offs REALLY help so id try to practice those.

darkmike57

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

Haha i never use my pinky and i got through hard mode and all the way to freebird on expert.
Pages: [1] 2