xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Effects Pedal  (Read 148 times)

coldasice

• Archived User
Effects Pedal
« on: April 06, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

I noticed what looks like a phone jack on the bottom of the guitar. I read in the manual it is for an effects pedal, which is not out yet. I really want to know more about this. Anyone have any knowledge of it?

D P Murf

• Archived User
Effects Pedal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »

ive seen pedals with the orange button on it. I'm not sure if thats what it is but it was intresting

darkmike57

• Archived User
Effects Pedal
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »

Its probably just going to be some distortion or wah pedal that nerds pay an upwards of $30 for. Just go buy a real pedal.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Effects Pedal
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(darkmike57 @ Apr 7 2007, 11:07 PM)  

Its probably just going to be some distortion or wah pedal that nerds pay an upwards of $30 for. Just go buy a real pedal.

So says a non-nerd on Xbox-Scene forums  rolleyes.gif

I don't own the Xbox guitar but I understand it's a standard phone jack... and if you look at where it connects to the PCB, it's only two points.

So I'm thinking simple on/off switch.  Try wiring a switch (or better yet, gut and stick a switch in a real pedal wink.gif) to maybe the center two connectors on the RJ11 and see what happens!  And if not a switch, put a potentiometer in there instead...

(As always, not responsible if you let the magic smoke out, etc, etc...)

coldasice

• Archived User
Effects Pedal
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Perplexer @ Apr 9 2007, 03:00 PM)  

(As always, not responsible if you let the magic smoke out, etc, etc...)

Haha, The magic smoke. I am very tempted to try this. It would be cool to do. Unfortunatly, i'm broke until friday. I will head to the local guitar shop and pick up a cheapo distortion pedal and see what happens.

Edit:Spelling