xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Guitar Hero Ii  (Read 354 times)

Boydster

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« on: April 01, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

I know this game is supposed to come out on the 3rd but I got it on friday the 30th. It cost me 97 bucks but I can say without a doubt that that was the best 97 dollars I have ever spent in my life.

Circuit City had an error on their site and allowed people to purchase the game and do the in store pick-up ahead of time... and until they take it down they HAVE to give you the game apparently.

Let me just say it this way, if I had known this game was so fun I would have gone out and bought a PlayStation a long time ago. The was the first time I've ever played it and I have to tell you I now feel like I've been missing out for the last year or so.

I thought the game was just cool at first but when I first got to play "Sweet Child of Mine," like chills went down my spine OMFG this was badass. And the songs got progressively better from then on... YYZ being my favorite. A tear almost came to my eye when I hit that long extended note in YYZ.... oh man this game is fun.

If you have any doubts about buying this game, you're fucking stupid. Go now and buy it, for your own sake.

Does anyone know how much extra guitars cost btw? Or when we can buy them? Me and a buddy have been playing coop, me with the guitar and him with a controller trading off every few songs... still cool but it would be even better if we both had guitars.

Actually if anyone knows about a wireless guitar coming out I'd rather wait it out and get that. I never thought I'd get up and start dancing around the place, but I did, and I have to say the wire got kind of annoying. I really don't understand why the racing wheel is wireless and the guitar is not. The wheel's batteries are going to die so fast with the force feedback and it's not like you're going to be moving around with it so what's the point? The guitar has no rumble or anything so it would have great battery life, and it makes much more sense to have that wireless.

Ah well, it's still an amazing game. I kind of wish I had taken the time to beat Condemned before I bought this lol...

grim_d

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ Apr 1 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post

Let me just say it this way, if I had known this game was so fun I would have gone out and bought a PlayStation a long time ago. The was the first time I've ever played it and I have to tell you I now feel like I've been missing out for the last year or so.

then you wouldnt be able to take advantage of the downloadable content, nice GFX and High definition... oh yeah, and the cool ass explorer guitar.

QUOTE(Boydster @ Apr 1 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post

Actually if anyone knows about a wireless guitar coming out I'd rather wait it out and get that. I never thought I'd get up and start dancing around the place, but I did, and I have to say the wire got kind of annoying. I really don't understand why the racing wheel is wireless and the guitar is not. The wheel's batteries are going to die so fast with the force feedback and it's not like you're going to be moving around with it so what's the point? The guitar has no rumble or anything so it would have great battery life, and it makes much more sense to have that wireless.

The racing wheel is only wireless as far as from the console to the wheel, there is a wire connecting the pedals to the wheel and if you want forcefeedback it needs to be plugged into an outlet by, you guessed it, a wire.

But it is a shame the guitar isnt wirless, i would imagine its because it's not an official microsoft product.

Oh yeah..Moving To a more appropriate Forum.

blame canada

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

Pretty much, yea ^. More info: http://www.gamepro.c...rticle_id=84808  sad.gif

Boydster

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »

In that case MS is an ass. RedOctane is doing them the favor of producing it for the 360 and MS is taking it for granted. They could have made an exception like they did for Castlevania and the XBLA size cap.

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

is this 2 player on one 360? if so does anyone know where i could find just the guitar?

grim_d

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ Apr 1 2007, 10:35 PM) View Post

In that case MS is an ass. RedOctane is doing them the favor of producing it for the 360 and MS is taking it for granted. They could have made an exception like they did for Castlevania and the XBLA size cap.

well whilst im not sure what the "strumming trigger" thing on the guitar emulates on the controller. Anyone whos played it with a controller, what do you use for that, a trigger? analogue stick?

Because im sure it wouldnt be impossible to cram the guts of a 360 controller into the guitar and wire it up, as long as its not impossible i would probably give it a try. Perhaps twistedsymphony might be interested in that.

Boydster

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Apr 1 2007, 06:39 PM) View Post

well whilst im not sure what the "strumming trigger" thing on the guitar emulates on the controller. Anyone whos played it with a controller, what do you use for that, a trigger? analogue stick?

Because im sure it wouldnt be impossible to cram the guts of a 360 controller into the guitar and wire it up, as long as its not impossible i would probably give it a try. Perhaps twistedsymphony might be interested in that.

It's up and down on the d-pad. May be up and down on the joystick as well, haven't tried that though.

The keys going from left to right are: left trigger, left bumper, right bumber, right trigger, A button
The strummer thing is up and down on the d-pad. The whammy bar is activated by spinning the joystick in a circle.

The only problem I see would be the whammy bar. Unless you find a way to spin a joystick....

grim_d

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ Apr 2 2007, 01:59 AM) View Post

It's up and down on the d-pad. May be up and down on the joystick as well, haven't tried that though.

The keys going from left to right are: left trigger, left bumper, right bumber, right trigger, A button
The strummer thing is up and down on the d-pad. The whammy bar is activated by spinning the joystick in a circle.

The only problem I see would be the whammy bar. Unless you find a way to spin a joystick....

Thank you for that mate, yeah everything seems like it would be easy bar the whammy bar.

But i'm sure i could sweet talk twistedsymphony, chancer, RDC, RBJtech or some other electronics Guru into helping me out laugh.gif

Kind of got my heart set on this now, cant wait till wednesday till it comes out here and i can rip it apart.

jimjom

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »

wish there was online multi, I'd own you suckas! Im a total veteran since the first one came out. Got that first day.

It's a landmark game, and fantastically classic. So much fun. Now I need two guitars.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »

This game really is fun, just be careful of carpel tunnel tongue.gif

growlley

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »

Whats the point? With all the practice time you  put in on this game you could learn to play a guitar and make more naff emo music.

Ah well what would I know im only the bass player. jester.gif

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

I can't wait to get this game as well.  Man my wife is going to laugh her ass off when she sees me playing a "fake" guitar in the living room.  She already gets annoyed when I play a real guitar in the living room. biggrin.gif

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »

damn, you can't play custom music in the background(don't ask why i wanted this)

tankertux

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

Anyone know how to activate "Star Power" from just the xbox controller (not the guitar?)  

I'm trying to beat my friend in face off and we can't find a spare guitar.  Its impossible to beat him without star power!

nekkron99

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Ii
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(tankertux @ Apr 5 2007, 02:10 PM) View Post

Anyone know how to activate "Star Power" from just the xbox controller (not the guitar?)  

I'm trying to beat my friend in face off and we can't find a spare guitar.  Its impossible to beat him without star power!

Then you just need to get better!   laugh.gif

No, no...actually, I must appologize.  My harsh comment is only a reflection of my envy in you having the game!   sad.gif
Pages: [1] 2