xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: RockStar Scared of GTA IV Leak Before Launch - Monitors Play *Updated*  (Read 864 times)

sunkist09

• Archived User
RockStar Scared of GTA IV Leak Before Launch - Monitors Play *Updated*
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »

so basically if you go online with it before release date without those settings they will block your achievements?

tutu

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »

I agree that they should punish the warez people but for people who honestly get it posted to them early (online) then it's not their fault.

Rockstar should be ashamed.

Oddish

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »

If people are scared to use the pirated copies, couldn't they just unplug the ethernet cable and set the date to the 29:th. The datestamp for the achievements would then be plausible.

Charbless

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »

I just got email from Game they are getting ready to despatch my copy royal mail first class so looks like I will be getting it before the weekend.

They did this for my copy of halo3 as well.

ferer

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »

I believe Chancer, or whoever said it, that said this was probably scaremongering, because there are definitely a lot of things that don't add up.  But did anyone ever think that maybe that whole new update scare a few days ago (I still have not updated) could be completely false now?  Why would they even think about saying something like that, if they were banning people for modded xboxes right after the launch anyway..like, it would make sense just not to say anything and ban surprisingly like they usually do.

Anyone else agree at all?

FoneFreak

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »

Just play it but dont go online, should be a probelm?. The servers are proberbly not fully live yet anyway! and by the time people go online with it, we would of had a week headstart at playing the game ;-)

slimdagreat

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »

This thread is pushing the limit of the no piracy talk.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(slimdagreat @ Apr 23 2008, 07:39 PM) View Post

Definitely.

No more discussions of torrents or leaks, this has already been determined and does not need further attention.

smdtherock

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »

it just showed up online  love.gif

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(slimdagreat @ Apr 23 2008, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Apr 23 2008, 07:42 PM) *

Definitely.

No more discussions of torrents or leaks, this has already been determined and does not need further attention.

QUOTE(smdtherock @ Apr 23 2008, 09:09 PM) *

it just showed up online  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

some people never learn  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Arsenic0

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »

Its so obviously fake i cant believe anybody on this forum actually believes it.

You can go here to read the google cached version of the email in question since rockstar had them take it down.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pudik...;cd=1&gl=us
   Hi there,

The good news is we are planning to send out your copy of GTA IV tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd April, to be with you first thing on Thursday 24th, so the wait is almost over.

In order for us to do that, could you:

- Let us know which format you would prefer to receive the game on?
    - Let us know your Gamertag, if the answer to the above is Xbox 360 or your PSN On Line ID if the answer is PS3.

Why we need to know.

Xbox 360 Version

We need your Gamertag because Microsoft will be helping Rockstar Games monitor access to the online modes up to release date. Because of this, we will need to add your Gamertag to the approved list of gamers who can play online prior to release. In addition to supplying this information, if you do intend to go online before April 29th, you will need to change a couple of the basic settings on your Xbox 360 and keep these settings like this till the game comes out, otherwise other people will be able to see your achievements list for GTA IV (even if you are playing another game) and we’d like to keep that information back for the fans. You will have to switch your profile to private and appear off line. We have attached a document that explains exactly how you do this just in case.

PS3 Version

There are no privacy settings that can be set on the PS3 but we will still be tracking who is going on line so again it will make it easier for us to identify you as a genuine user if we have your ID.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

1st) How are they getting peoples email addresses?
2nd) The email is so unprofessional its not even funny.  "Hi there," ? Give me a break. Nigerian scammers greet me more professionally.
3) They dont seem to care about PS3's at all
4) What privacy settings could you possibly make on your Xbox 360 to "pass their checks"..there is none.
5) No company is going to waste hundreds of man hours adding names to some "approved" XBLive accounts list to prevent the game from being played online a few days early.

I could go on and on..about how this is fake, but  i will let you guys read it and make your own judgements.

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

does anyone know of any gta 4 on xbox360 vs gta 4 on ps3 reviews? Just wondering which is the better buy for someone with both consoles...

jakattack

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(mercury187 @ Apr 23 2008, 11:05 PM) View Post

does anyone know of any gta 4 on xbox360 vs gta 4 on ps3 reviews? Just wondering which is the better buy for someone with both consoles...

get it for the 360. DLC that is the one and only reason.

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

so what let those piraters get em they'll ether get banned or they just cant play multiplayer and only single player LMAO so whats the point of getting it early illegally u will get banned fast and soon by ms unless ur only in it for the single player and for what reason why i dunno because personally i want the multiplayer part the most  biggrin.gif  sleep.gif  rolleyes.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

tues 12:01 am couldnt come soon enough!! FUDGE!!

edit by grim_d : language.

This post has been edited by grim_d: Apr 24 2008, 12:52 AM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5