xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Gears Of War Achievements  (Read 202 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
New Gears Of War Achievements
« on: June 14, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

Today Epic released 8 new achievements for gears of War bringing the total gamerscore to 57 achievements 1250 points

http://www.achieve36...ame/gearsofwar/

THIS! IS! ANNEX! -40GS
Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match.

Inconceivable! -30GS
Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points.

Nub Pwn3r - 30GS
Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team.

You Down With E.P.I.C? -30GS
Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps.

Green Thumb -30GS
Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map.

Mind the Gap -30GS
Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map.

Purdy Mouth -30GS
Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map.

All That Juice -30GS
Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map.

All of these achievements can be earned in player match as well as ranked match (it doesn't matter)

Also I've heard that these are somewhat glitched... and if you've met the requirements for one of them but it hasn't unlocked yet then you simply need to recover your account and play the game mode or level again for the achievement that was stuck.

so if you've won 20 matches in the garden and didn't get the achievement, recover your account and win one more match in the garden to get it.  wink.gif

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Nice find, thank you.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(shadow23 @ Jun 14 2007, 11:13 PM) View Post

I'm so sorry to butt in. But I have a question about the game. How do you kill that big ugly hermit crab cross insect thing at the belly of the beast stage? It's driving me nuts how to kill the darn thing!

Wait for it to "open up" and extend it's arms. While it's trying to attack you, shoot it's soft underbelly. Then it will move back. Do this again until it moves far back onto a platform, then shoot off the platforms locks and it will fall into that yellow lava stuff.

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »

Has anyone found any other changes with the patch yet?

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

Found this on the Gears official site:
Release Notes

* New Achievements added! Eight new achievements worth a total of 250 points created for playing Annex and the Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack
    * Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover
    * Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer
    * Fixed split-screen players interrupting the other player’s actions when they die
    * Stopped Annex scoring whenever a “Connection Error” dialog box is displayed
    * Reduced the duration that corpses remain visible when hosting an Annex match
    * Reduced the range of possible Annex bleed-out times selectable by host
    * Addressed a number of multiplayer exploits
    * Addressed other general housekeeping

Glad they improved the roadie run.

batmike1990

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

can anyone else weapon slide? im avin a wee bitta trouble

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

The weapon slide was still possible up untill this new update. I think they should have left it in. It wasn't much different than an active reload (in terms of difficulty to do) and added to the game IMO. Glad they put the roadie run back the way it was before though!.

malbowsier

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

The weapon slide is NOT part of the game and it's a good thing it was removed. The whole idea was to make getting power weapons dangerous.

STOP YOUR DAMM CHEATING  !!!!!!!

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(malbowsier @ Jun 18 2007, 05:29 PM) View Post

The weapon slide is NOT part of the game and it's a good thing it was removed. The whole idea was to make getting power weapons dangerous.

And even if you managed to pull off a successful slide it still was. Like I said, IMO it actually added to the game. I think they should have a proper version of it in Gears 2. It got to the point where everyone used the slide to pick up weapons. It's gone now anyway so no point in arguing about it.

I've got all the new achievements apart from 'THIS! IS! ANNEX!' which is going to take a while I think. I had to recover my gamertag to get the gamerscore for 'down with Epic' added and I read somewhere that in doing this you loose your kill count towards 'Seriously'?!?!. Anyone know if this is true or just an urban myth?. It still says 8000+ kills on the online leaderboard but could recovering my account have reset counters for gears on my 360?. Account recoveries dont affect game saves do they?.