xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wtf? Unfair Play Gow Xbox Live (versus)  (Read 110 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Wtf? Unfair Play Gow Xbox Live (versus)
« on: December 05, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

Host, or get a better internet connectoin.

Alkane

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(docc @ Dec 5 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to play the "Versus" mode on Xbox live (quick match) and noticed that everyone in my team and the opposite team have much better weapons than me!!! I mean this COG just blows of my head from 200 feet away with a long shot while i have to take multiple shots with the "regular cheesy" automatic to kill an opponent! WTF is going on? How on earth do i get the heavy artillery like those guys?

Am i doing something wrong is that way it just is? Would really appreciate any input as this is really driving me nuts! Some kid who was probably like 12 years old was talking and like from a distance just blew my friggin head off!!!! I shot him like 10 times and the li'l bugger didn't die!!!

Cheers!

The latency (lag) the host's Xbox experience to all players as a whole can sometimes lead to an unfair host advantage.  If in a game all the players are experiences more glitches than normal or the host is shotgunning multiple opponents with one-shot-kills then the host is a crappy server.  This is the case when I host as I stopped hosting games.  This is usually the case where one player on the team is pulling off crazy stunts and insane scores, though sometimes its just luck and skill.

If its not a host advantage issue then you will have to take a look at your strategies.  If your opponent is a long distance away you want to machine gun him in the knees, close-mid to close range shut gun him.  Machine-gunning vs shut-gunning close range is almost always a win for the shut-gun, so know what weapons to use when.

QUOTE(docc @ Dec 5 2006, 09:57 PM) View Post

So wait, if i host a game, i get to choose what weapon i use? And what does my internet connection have to do with anything? I have a 3MB Broadband....isn't that good enough?

You do know you choose your weapons with the D-pad?  You always start the game with a machine gun (right on the D-pad), pistol (down), shotgun (left), and smoke gernade (up).

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

There are weapons laying all over the maps.  You just have to find out where they are.  They are usually in places where its fair for both teams to get them.

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

Start up like a split screen multiplayer and just look around.  I had the same problem at first.  All these people had guns and I was like WTF.  But as soon as you look for the weapons you see them all over the place.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »

Yeh the weapons are at equal distances for both teams, so you need to rush the good ones with your team or you'll get pasted.
Never stand there shooting someone if the guy receiving lead is aiming a gun at you and not shooting, it's more than likely he's scoping your brain. If a guy is running around with a orange glowing light, just hide until he fires then charge up to him ph34r.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 02:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(docc @ Dec 5 2006, 07:57 PM) View Post

I have a 3MB Broadband....isn't that good enough?

Broadband...really; i though it might have been dialup. laugh.gif

Is it cable or dsl, and what is the upload and download; to host effectively you need good upload>

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

to be perfectly honest I haven't experienced much of a lag problem online at all.

Lots of other games have been much worse.

I see people complaining about a "host advantage" but having both hosted and not hosted many many GoW games I don't really see that much of a host advantage, if any at all.

Vfreitas

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

Head shots, head shots, head shots.

As in all shooters, you must train yourself to have an aim for head shots if you want to succesfully rack up kills. I have yet to play GOW since I selfishly bought it for a Christmas gift for my sibling, but I saw this thread and decided to see if anyone threw this out there. I'm not sure how the controllers handle, but most likely they'll stick you crosshair right in the middle of the screen. You'll have to learn where exactly your crosshair should be to get headshots in most situations of an enemy being on the same level surface as you. Try it out with friends and in-game, and force yourself to keep moving your crosshair to that position. If you do it succesfully then you'll probably see an increase in your number of kills and length of time it takes to take someone down. Now of course this tactic is derived from and more useful in first person shooters, but you can still apply it to GOW with alot of training. Give it a shot, literally.

And of course, as stated above by 2poor, learning your surroundings defiently helps.