xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Gears Of War In Germany  (Read 95 times)

redwolf

• Archived User
No Gears Of War In Germany
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

Following the ratings decision Microsoft explored the possibility of creating a version that could acquire a rating, but unfortunately this was incompatible with other versions released around the world when played on Xbox Live, so now Microsoft has decided to just not release the game, period. Germans still wishing to play Gears of War will likely have to import it from Austria, or the UK.
eh? so only cos of multiplayer been incompatible....so how come other games are compatible with German?

anyways, multiplayer is not that good for GoW  unsure.gif .... or is this just another Hype/free advertising  ph34r.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

Moving to the Gears of War forum.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(soul-assassin @ Oct 18 2006, 12:13 PM) View Post

They are saying this game wouldn't be compatible because of the changes that would have to be made to the German version.  So, say if they had to take out the curb stomp "finishing move" from their version, it would obviously cause a conflict if they were playing online with someone that had the un-edited version.

If it's all just data being transfered between players... 0s and 1s... why not change the animation for the german version of the curb stomp to them gently turning over their victim and putting flowers on their chest... it would still register as a curb stomp and show on other players screens... and change blood to rainbows...  laugh.gif

seriously... if the rating boards are that harsh there then I'm glad I live where I do... would they rather the person go out and curb stomp someone in real life or in a virtual world where no one gets hurt??? But it's smart that MS isn't releasing a edited version... seeing what the game was supposed to have and getting Hello Kitty Island Adventure would be just wrong  laugh.gif ... I just hope our fellow german gamers are able to get this somewhere to play...