xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gears Of War Demo Coming?  (Read 291 times)

alsybub

• Archived User
Gears Of War Demo Coming?
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

This has just been reported over on XBOXIC.

One of their forum members spotted an image on the UK xbox.com with the words 'Gears of War DEMO'.

Take the jump to see for yourself. Here

If this demo is coming we should hear something very soon. If not then expect that image to be removed by tomorrow. biggrin.gif

Also there is a picture of the special edition box art now available.

Nice.

IPB Image

IPB Image

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

Hmm... very intresting... is Gears releasing the same time in the UK as it is in the states?? if not maybe they are going to keep them happy by putting a demo out for them?

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »

will pay that extra £10 to get that Special Edition, cos i need a new biscuit tin  rolleyes.gif

it'll be REALLY stupid of Micro$oft/Epic to release a demo before the game. unless it's a Multiplayer only for them to test online play and bugs etc.

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ Oct 16 2006, 06:49 PM) View Post

is Gears releasing the same time in the UK as it is in the states?? if not maybe they are going to keep them happy by putting a demo out for them?

US = 11 Nov
UK = 17 Nov

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Oct 16 2006, 07:32 PM) View Post

it'll be REALLY stupid of Micro$oft/Epic to release a demo before the game. unless it's a Multiplayer only for them to test online play and bugs etc.

I agree that it will be stupid for them to release a demo before release. In my opinion I think it is more likely that this image has been put up prematurely and that it reffers to a demo being released after launch.

After all Cliffy B did, categorically, say that there would be no demo before launch.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

that ltd edtion box s freakin sweet, cant wait to get my hands on it. So i can put it in storage laugh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

i think it would be best for microsoft to release a demo ways after the launch of the game.  

think about it this way:

360 gamers get the game far and wide, friends see the game either get it for their 360 or get a 360 for the game.  this game will sell damn good regardless of any demo on the marketplace.  

now after a few months of strong sales once the sales start to trail off, they release a demo to revamp interest in the title from all the new 360 owners or those that have been on the fense since the game's release.  this could jump start sales all over again with a new market.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

KAGE... that's makes all good sense to us... but since when does the industry do anything we as gamers think is smart???

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ Oct 16 2006, 09:24 PM) View Post

KAGE... that's makes all good sense to us... but since when does the industry do anything we as gamers think is smart???

well the one reason i can see them releasing a demo the day of the game's release is so they can jump start the awareness early and try to get some kind of 24 sales record for a next gen game or something like that.  publicity can also sell GoW in the long term as well, look at how long halo 1 and 2 sold extremely well by not only word of mouth but by publicity.

either way GoW will define what a next gen game should look like from here on out.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

I believe that Mark Rein shot down the demo rumors on the GoW fora.... said that there would be absolutely no demo before the game's release because the team does not have the time...

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(dumdum @ Oct 17 2006, 09:58 AM) View Post

i think so releasing demo would be a bad idea, why? because of OUR expectations with the game ... they are just too high and since its humanly impossible to be happy or satisifed, the forums would be filled with "this suxoooooooors" kinda posts tongue.gif take splinter cell double agent for example, spend 5 mins on ubi forums and you will know what i am saying hehe

Comparing those 2 games is unfair?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 04:04:00 AM »

gears of war 50$ at blockbuster, splinter cell 70$... i know which one im getting!

hardhead36

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 05:17:00 AM »

It may not be a GoW demo... but I do believe something big is gonna come out of this.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ Oct 16 2006, 09:24 PM) View Post

I think it makes better sense for the publisher.

It will give the game a 2nd wind of sales after the initial release bubble... particularly benificial if they release the demo around the end of the year, all the people who got 360's for christmas looking to spend a little post christmas money on games will find the demo and play it.

Hardcore gamers want the demo NOW, they'll take any opertunity to get even a sliver of info as soon as humanly possible.

Sometimes it's makes sense to release a demo early, other times it makes sense to release it later...

From a gamer's point of view it's always better to get the demo early. you could save yourself from making a bad purchase and you still have the benifit of buying the game on release day.

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(savagepoop @ Oct 17 2006, 08:36 AM) View Post

they more then likley wont release it because they dont want u to no how bad it actually is......
they want u to buy it first then realise how bad it is so they still have ur money.
yes gears IS going to SUCK

Thanks for being so constructive.  I wasn't aware that they allowed you to be on the internet.  Anybody know when they started puting computers in mental hospitals?

MattyT

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(savagepoop @ Oct 17 2006, 04:01 PM) View Post

i just dont see what the big deal is about gears??
i like grpahics to look realistic.... any1 can make a futuristic character etc n so ooooo look how great it looks.... but its when u use real people etc thats what makes me go wow.
some1 please give me some real reasons y this game is gonna be so amazing.....
every1 thought pdz was gonna be great. i managed to play it before realese and i put a review of it on the xbox forums saying it was not as good as the hype it recieved....... every1 went mad at me sayin i was crazy....
the game was released and i was right!!!
hype just makes things worse because NOTHING ever lives up 2 it......

IPB Image

You don't know you're born, Boy...

Have a go at modelling a character to that detail, have a go at rigging and animating them, have a go at texture creating and mapping, have a go at coding the game, then tell me its easy biggrin.gif.

Also consider your taking the p*ss out of something you havnt even tried yet.
Pages: [1] 2