xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cliffy B Comments On Final Hardware!  (Read 540 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Cliffy B Comments On Final Hardware!
« on: September 08, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »

I'm posting this in several areas so its seen as much as possible. Mods/Admins, if you don't approve of it being in 2 or 3 areas(General, Hardware,Gamers) Please remove whichever.

Sadly some people here still don't know theres more than a General, or Gamers area. On that note....

Cliffy B, THE Dev of all Developers has spoken..

Cliff Bleszinki, Epic Games Lead Designer, has seen the future; or so he claims. Does he have a crystal ball or Jedi abilities? Not that we know of, but probably having access to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 development kits provided by MS and Sony respectively, give you a nice chance to foresee the future of gaming.

Last week, CliffyB reported that Epic Games has received the final Xbox 360 Xenon Development Kit, which finally gives game developers final silicon as powerful as the hardware that will ship with the retail version of the Xbox 360.

In his latest blog update, the developer of Gears of War gives us a small teaser of what we can expect later this year with the launch of the Xbox 360:

I have had more than a taste of what true next generation gaming is going to have to offer and I'm here to tell you -

You're in for something special.

I can't speak much for Sony right now - yeah, we're working on stuff for the PS3 but honestly I'm so busy with Gears that it's all I'm seeing and I can tell you - MS is giving you a hell of a system. This thing is a BEAST and is capable of MUCH GREATNESS.

Sigh. That's all I can say so far. I am, after all, under NDA. smile.gif

We guess such excitement comes after playing with the final Xbox 360 XeDK and moving the current build of Gears of War to the new hardware. Or has MS incorporated any new feature to the Xbox 360? If that’s the case, we don’t expect to learn about it from official sources since everyone is under NDA, Maybe we should have to wait until Sept 27th?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

Hello? anyone home? wtf is wrong with you people. Kage, you should be soiling yourself over this news. Same goes for the other 5 or 6 Cliffy fans here at the Scene  blink.gif

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

um...nice...yay...im glad its a beast....

thats all i got lol

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(crobar @ Sep 8 2005, 01:28 PM)
um...nice...yay...im glad its a beast....

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 8 2005, 06:33 PM)
If you need him gone, I can make it so he never existed  rotfl.gif

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

Ive heard all of that before.  Now SHOW us something other than PGR3 that proves it.  Im seeing screens of games and  then I think, maybe just keep the current xbox for 6 months until the good games start coming out.  The quake 3 vids I saw left me way unimpressed.  Tiger woods, tony hawk, PD0, all of these look like absolute shyt.  Anyway, if he says so, I believe him, but being so close to launch, Im just surprised that all I have to look forward to in a launch title is the same game I was excited about months ago, PGR3.  And actually, now im hearing its not even going to be ready possibly until months after launch?  GR3 looks cool, but I need a REAL good reason to plop 500$ and im just saying so far, I haven't seen it.  

Flame away.   grr.gif

^Apparently Im one of the zombies lol.  Seriously though, I dont care whats inside if its not reflected on my hdtv.  unsure.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

i replied to this in the other forum

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

Sweet i cant wait to get my hands on next gen..

you mentioned sep 27th what goodies do you suspect are coming? tebo,or something to do with gaming.

I only care about what the games are like having music and stuff doesnt tickle my pickle.

all this next gen adding stuff together worries me its like buying a tv with a dvd player attached i prefer not getting them together because it works better and if something goes wrong it wont crap out the whole system...all this media center crap spounds good but i want a gaming concul not a do it all get on line pay your bills crap..i hope that is not the case..

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

no reason to flame.

I will say this..

I feel sorry for you if you feel that Gears of War doesnt look next gen.

I truly do.

Thats primarily what this is about, seeing as Cliffy B is MAKING the game laugh.gif

that game alone is reason to buy a 360, whether you want to wait for a price drop is up to you.

Edit: I had to add  the following...

you really are a confused individual. PGR 3, if it misses launch day, will be out a week or 2 later..why would you believe the shit you read that says it'll be months after? Don't you read anything posted here? Such as Bizarres last update from a day ago?

and the games you mentioned are NOT exlcusive..they are cross platform, except for PD Zero and Noone knows the truth behind those graphics yet.

Tiger woods?!?!

hahahahaha

yeah lest base a system on a game like that.

The intellect here is killing me  laugh.gif

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »

Well I figured a question of intelligence was going to be the reaction, but I have to admit Im not as up to date as you and many on here.  I read it somewhere (xboxscene main page I believe).  Anyways, hope it isnt true trust me.  And ya GOW looks great, but isnt that coming out like 6 months after launch?  Glad we got you Deftech because your the only one I see throwing confetti into the air over all of this.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

laugh.gif

sad that Im the only one huh, there are others but they dont like confrontation, or in this case, a small debate.

Hey if I were you and you dont feel like pgr 3 and others at launch are worth the price of a new system, I wouldnt get it either. Alls I said was I feel sorry for you, I wish you were as easy to please as me, and liked the same games I do. Because in my case...

I'd get a 360 even if DOA 4 was the ONLY game at launch.

I'd get a 360 even if PGR 3 was the ONLY game at launch.

I'd get a 360 even if Call of Duty 2 was the ONLY game at launch.

I'd get a 360 even if Ghost Recon 3 was the ONLY game at launch.

I could do without the other games Im getting at launch like Quake 4, Condemned, and posibly test Drive or Full Auto.

Id definitely get a 360 just for Gears, Huxley, Dark Sector, War Devil, Splinter cell 4...

Im sure you get the point  pop.gif

Honestly, using games like Tiger woods and Tony Hawk(no offense to m_Hael) is just not fair.

I need just one good reason to buy a system, and I named plenty above.

And Gears wont be out for a good 6 to 8 months. I can wait. Im glad its NOT a launch title, it gives Cliffy time to dig in!  love.gif

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

Why doesnt anyone mention

Dog tags ....this game looks rock solid and looks better than G.O.W to me.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

Seriously though, I dont care whats inside if its not reflected on my hdtv

Really, how many have you seen on your hdtv?

Dog tags

lol.....

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

i havent been this excited about a new console since the Dreamcast days.   love.gif

Why doesnt anyone mention

Dog tags ....this game looks rock solid and looks better than G.O.W to me.

i cant even agree with that one.  the only thing ive seen from that game were the early pics which looked ok.  but compared to GoW there really isnt much going on screen.  im sure it will get better but GoW is a beast in its own class with the interactive environments, creatures the size of houses, and just overall polish that the game has already shown in its early stages.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

Im not crazy about creatures in games thats probably why..a game like resident evil would be tremendus if you can kill other humans that shoot back not walk around saying .........brains...............brains

I prefer to get call of duty 2 there is too many games alike

unreal,quake,i like the engine but all these futureristic games dont appeal to me.

even ghost recon 3 seems to be going that way yhe first thing i will do with recon
is get rid of that futuristic fake helmit view or whatever

what makes me want the 360 the most is games like modern combat and next gen will be in full effect in this area shooting,driving,flying ect.ect.
Pages: [1] 2 3