xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Official Gears Of War Thread  (Read 265 times)

liam

• Archived User
Official Gears Of War Thread
« on: June 16, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

thought I'd open an official thread for Epic Games' newest phenomenon: Gears of War.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

good idea

Im going to make  love.gif to it when I get it, then Ill play it

tongue.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

lol, i thought you could live without games lmao.

I'm just saying that for someone who isn't the most enthusiastic about games you sure feel very anticipated for this title.  tongue.gif  beerchug.gif

I've seen alot fo stuff on this game, but the gameplay seems alright. I'm going to wait for more stuff before I can really anticipate this title.

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

It looks like a solid game, I guess I'm not as excited about it as most people. The thing that has my attention is the enviroments that you can shoot down for cover and such, very interesting. Other than that it just looks like another FPS like unreal championship 2.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

Carlo, Im a hard one to figure out.

I could easily live without games, but certain ones make me lose sleep at night, and this is one of those.

Im a casual gamer, for example...

when any Splinter Cell hits, you wont hear from me for weeks. I play thru them 100 times, then I put it down and wont touch my xbox for another 4 months.

I did that with Halo 2. The game let me down, and so I got recon 2 shortly after. I played recon 2 for 3 weeks, and didnt touch another game until Chaos theory hit months later.

I love ALL DOAs but honestly, I watch intros, look at boobs, play enough to get a few constumes and it never gets touched again, I like collecting them.

Im a graphics whore #1, so the 360 is already going to grab my attention. Im a party whore #2...hence our 6 day halo 2 launch party...same will happen with 360 launch. Lan/launch parties are a blast.

worry about yourself, not me mister  pop.gif

beerchug.gif

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 05:09:00 AM »

Oops I didn't mean Unreal championship2, I mean Unreal2 biggrin.gif  Anyways Unreal2 was unbearable for me, the gameplay was weak and the AI was pretty bad to, overall it sucked, it was painful to play really. I haven't played unreal championship2 but I have played the first one and it was ok. I'm not really that excited about Gears of war, I'm burnt out on FPS's, nothing new is really being brought to the FPS genre right now.

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 05:33:00 AM »

Yeah I looked at a couple reviews for it, scored pretty high 9-ish. I don't know about the whole melee and andrenaline thing but I'll probably pick it up none the less, I mostly play Halo and Rainbow six and I'll be picking up PD:0 on launch and I'll get Gears of war too if I have some spare cash, Games I don't like tend to suprise me and games I do like seem to let me down, like Doom3 was a let down but kingdom under fire turned out to be incredible.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(liam @ Jun 16 2005, 11:19 PM)
thought I'd open an official thread for Epic Games' newest phenomenon: Gears of War.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »

Unreal Championship 2 was a very cool idea... I rented it for a weekend and it was pretty fun... the learning curve is VERY steep and the controls can be cumbersome at times but overall it was a good idea and a great game if you give it a chance (read a few hours).

I personally prefer games you can just pickup and play... that's part of what made golden eye and PD such great games on the N64. You could pick it up, play and have fun, and there was still something there for the hardcore who wanted to play it to death.

I think the innovation in Gears of war isn't so much that it's an FPS with destructible environments but it blends the adventure horror and co-op FPS genres, so it's like a cross between Resident Evil and co-op Halo... Which I think will turn out awesome.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 17 2005, 01:53 PM)
I think the innovation in Gears of war isn't so much that it's an FPS with destructible environments but it blends the adventure horror and co-op FPS genres, so it's like a cross between Resident Evil and co-op Halo... Which I think will turn out awesome.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »

where are you located BTW I wouldn't mind getting in on a launch lan party  biggrin.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

about 30 minutes south of Cleveland, pretty close to Lake Erie(like thats something to brag about)

Youre in NH?

any land out there I can come hunt on?! Im serious. Im looking for outfitters/guides and its going to be expensive out west and in Alaska. My grandpa sold his land years ago so Im lost.

tongue.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

To be honest I've never gone hunting but I know lots of people who do so I have to assume there's some decent hunting around here  laugh.gif  I'll ask around if you're really interested

Cleveland huh? I'm actually taking a business trip out there in mid July... not sure If I'll have much time to stop and say hi though.

so... er uh GEARS OF WAR... yeah man can't wait  laugh.gif   beerchug.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

pop.gif can be passed around  tongue.gif

gears of war!!!!!!! it will own us!!

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

dry.gif ) which keep you playing for endless hours due to great online play.