xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Forza Motorsport 2?  (Read 222 times)

jizmo

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport 2?
« on: March 29, 2006, 06:40:00 AM »

I have no idea.

But I also have no idea what's taking MS so long to make FM2. They knew last spring that x360 was coming out and had the dev kits, so why didn't they develope x360 version along with Xbox one? With all that groundwork done, they could've launched FM2 already this spring.

You know, have their best-in-the-world car game luring in car game enthusiastics, like FM did last summer.

I'm sick and tired of x360 missing a decent driving game. PGR3 is crap as far as I'm concerned, and FM trough emulation is so sluggish that it's unplayable.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport 2?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Mar 29 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

I'm sick and tired of x360 missing a decent driving game. PGR3 is crap as far as I'm concerned, and FM trough emulation is so sluggish that it's unplayable.

IMO if they were to release Forza now... it would be a rushed product. IMO anything less then at least 2.5 years between releases and your game starts to go to crap because you're only making trivial updates (a'la Madden). I wouldn't wish that on my enemies and I certainly woudln't wish that on Forza. Driving simulators take a lot of time to make well... heck GT4 took what 3, 4 years on a well understood and developed platform? ... and you expect MS's team to pump out Forza 2 in a matter of months  laugh.gif I wouldn't expect to See Forza 2 until Q4 07 at the EARLIEST.

As for "missing a decent driving game"
-Project Gotham Racing 3
-Need for Speed: Most Wanted
-Ridge Racer 6
-Full Auto
-Burnout Revenge

and soon we'll have
-Test Drive Unlimited
-Moto GP 3

I'm more then happy with PGR3, it's everything I was hoping it would be, and I'm patiently waiting the upcoming content on the market place... The Racing genre is VERY well represented on this console with games spanning into most different types of racing games. Simulation is left out at present but that's to be expected. IMO if you're disappointed with the current offerings you're simply expecting too much.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport 2?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

What a tease the topic title is ("Forza Motorsport 2?"). I mistook it as an invitation to learn some news about it. Bummer. sad.gif

Category 5

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport 2?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

"As for the trivial update, Forza looks amazing even with the BC upgrade, with just a resolution buffed to 720 and AA added. Imagine if they'd developed the games at the same time and used the next 10 months adding new stuff just for x360, like some sharper textures and few more polygons as well. I honestly don't think it would've been rushed."

Was there a new update patch released?  When i play Forza on my 360 the framerate is about 15-20fps and the sensation of speed is completely missing.  It looks MUCH better played on a standard xbox in my opinion.

Enlighten me on how you manage to make it work better on the 360.

jizmo

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport 2?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Category 5 @ Mar 29 2006, 09:42 PM) View Post

Was there a new update patch released?  When i play Forza on my 360 the framerate is about 15-20fps and the sensation of speed is completely missing.  It looks MUCH better played on a standard xbox in my opinion.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear there. By update I meant the update in gfx department it got from just being upscaled to 720p by backward compatibility.

And you're right, the frame rate really makes the game unplayable, which is a shame because it still is the best car game out there. This is exactly why MS should've planned ahead and made a dedicated x360 version while still developing the game, even if it had only meant some light cosmetic upgrades.

x360 Forza would've still been x360 Forza - far better than non-playable Xbox version.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport 2?
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

while you or I might have been happy with a 360 port that had nothing more then a graphics booster I think most people would have been very disappointed had the title been re-released months later with nothing but that... MS made it very clear a while back that they wouldn't be making any cross-platform releases with any of their titles. In a way that's good because other wise you'd be splitting the development effort and get a lesser product overall, particularly trying to do that PRE XNA. I guarantee if they'd done cross platform development the game overall wouldn't have been as good, it would have released later on the Xbox 1 and the 360 version wouldn't look much better then the Xbox 1 counterpart. You'd have Xbox 1 owners not buying the title, waiting till the can buy a 360 version, and 360 owners who would be let down in the graphics department. Overall I think the game would have had a much worse first impression.

Just my opinion though, MS didn't know what kind of hit the game would be. They needed it to reach it's full potential on the Xbox 1 without any distractions from the 360. And besides the Xbox 1 needs all the help it can get right now.

Also, when I said "IMO if you're disappointed with the current offerings you're simply expecting too much." I didn't mean you should be happy with the current titles, but at this stage in the 360s life what did you expect it to have? AAA racing simulators don't typically become available until the console has settled a bit and the full fledged hardware is available.