xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fight Night R3  (Read 262 times)

tonloc79

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« on: February 11, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

Achievements

There are 8 achievements with a total of 1000 gamerpoints.  

Burger King™ Achievement
Win The BK ® Invitational Fight. --  

Dodge Achievement
Win the Dodge sponsored fight. --  

EA SPORTS™ Achievement
Win any EA SPORTS™ sponsored fight. --  

ESPN FNF Achievement
Win any ESPN Friday Night Fight event. --  

ESPN PPV Achievement
Win any ESPN Pay Per View fight event. --  

ESPN WNF Achievement
Win any ESPN Wednesday Night Fight event. --  

Everlast™ Achievement
Win the Everlast™ sponsored fight. --  

Under Armour® Achievement
Win the Under Armour® sponsored fight. 100

deakphreak

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

This game is out???  uhh.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Feb 11 2006, 07:56 PM) View Post

This game is out???  uhh.gif

No, unfortunately not till the 21st!

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

I believe that EA should just give out the 1000 gamerpoints the moment one of their games is entered into the dvd drive of a 360....

or at least Microsfot should give us the option to filter out gamerpoints earned through EA games on other people's profiles...

Whats the use of gamerpoints if they are so f*cking easy to get anyway....

gcskate27

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

who esle would have sponsored gamerpoints but ea?  rolleyes.gif

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

Lame. " You won the Maxi Pad invitational, heres 500 gamerpoints"

deakphreak

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

Well maybe they see it as if its easy to get the points then it will make people play the game to get the points.....  It does help for the other people that have a hard time with games so they can get a few gamerpoints i guess.

redwolf

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Feb 11 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

I believe that EA should just give out the 1000 gamerpoints the moment one of their games is entered into the dvd drive of a 360....

or at least Microsfot should give us the option to filter out gamerpoints earned through EA games on other people's profiles...

well TBH M$ don't care "how" developers gives out the Achievements points, as long as 1000 is there.

and EA are just abusing this to way of promoting their games. same as they're abusing the Marketplace with their spam gamerpic and other shit!!!!

there are too many way to hate EA  ph34r.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »

thats true, but no matter how much you dont care, it does, at least for me, drive to play games differently or try to do things i otherwise wouldnt

MadEx

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

Looks like this will be a easy game to get all 1000 points in, which makes this a rental for me.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 05:27:00 AM »

I personally like the whole Gamer Points Achievements, thing. In a lot of games it encourages me to explore aspects of games that I might not normally explore.

For instance in PGR3 I might not have ever tried out the track builder or photo mode as in depth as I did. After earning the achievement though the track builder is one of my favorite features.

As for EA's GPs being easy to get, I typically don't look at the overall score so much as I look at it on a game by game basis.

So if I want to compare my score I'll go in and look at PGR3, DOA4, Hexic, GeoWars, etc.

it's safe to say someone cold have blown away my total score and only have played 4 EA games, I wouldn't really call them a better gamer or feel inferior to them.

it would be interesting if you could filter other gamers scores based on what games you had in common. That would offer a TRUE comparison in the areas where you could be accurately compared.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Feb 11 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post

You've obviously never played Tiger Woods.    Hardest gamer points on the 360 period.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »

Geez, I've only got like 200 gamerpoints and I considder myself pretty good.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Feb 13 2006, 03:26 PM) View Post

You've obviously never played Tiger Woods.    Hardest gamer points on the 360 period.

No i havent. But do you care to explain why every single person who owns Madden or NBA has the full 1000 gamerpoints in it? And why only 1 in 100 (estimate) PGR3 owners has got 1000 (or whatever the maximum without the online professional achievement)?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Fight Night R3
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Feb 13 2006, 08:26 AM) View Post

Very True, I've got a friend who plays nothing but that game and Geo-Wars and he hasn't earned a single achievement in Tiger.

I think 2K sports is more a culprit of easy to earn GP then EA is. NHL and NBA I've heard the full 1000 can be earned in 1 game.  blink.gif

Also King Kong is one of the easiest and it's not an EA game either.

I don't really think you can blame the company so much as the division or the dev team... while MOST 2K sports game have stupid easy achievements I'm playing through Amped 3 right now and they're pretty fair with what they give out. it will probably take me a few weeks and some honing of my skills to earn the full 1000.

It'd be nice if MS setup some guidelines for achievements like
-minimum of 15 achievement, maximum of 45
-should encourage the gamer to explore all of the different features and options in the game
-should range in difficultly so that only hardcore players can earn the full 1000, yet beginners can still earn a few and average/casual players can earn at least 500
-full 1000 should not be earned by simply completing story mode on the standard difficulty
-if the game offers multiplayer there should be multiplayer based achievement or achievements that require in part, playing in a multiplayer setting.

^ I think the games that do those things have the best spread of achievements where you feel like you actually accomplished something and got your $$s worth out of the game when you earn all the points.