xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fight Night Round 3 Demo  (Read 222 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

I'm sure we all, or at least most of us, remember the PS3 tech demo with Fight Night Round 3.  Now, I thought that was the biggest crock of pre-renderred crap ever, but after seeing and playing the 360 demo, I have to think again.  The 360 demo has some nicer textures and effects, especially lighting, but the PS3 demo did 1 or 2 things better.
So, do we all still think that the PS3 demo was pre-renderred?  I'd have to say yes, or else the PS3 would be in production right now.  What do you guys think?

Search for Fight Night Round 3 PS3 on Google image.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

Comparing a game video and a playable demo is unfair to the playable demo! We havent seen 1 in game video for the PS3 yet, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Anyways i dont think the difference if there is any will be extremely noticeable. All i can say is that the PS3 better look nicer then the 360 for how much longer they had, otherwise they really dropped the ball!

M_A_C

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

That was one of the few PS3 demos that was actually realtime.

But yes, I think the 360 demo is F'n sweet.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(M_A_C @ Jan 12 2006, 07:11 AM) View Post

Well i still dont believe it was running on PS3 hardware. But whatever thats just my opinion, weve all beter then seen it on 360 hardware, shit weve played an unfinnished version on 360 hardware and it s AMAZING! love.gif Now i can honestly tell my lady that im excited about Valentines Day!

xbox77

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »

Now i can honestly tell my lady that im excited about Valentines Day!

That's funny!   biggrin.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Jan 12 2006, 01:29 AM) View Post

Well i still dont believe it was running on PS3 hardware. But whatever thats just my opinion, weve all beter then seen it on 360 hardware, shit weve played an unfinnished version on 360 hardware and it s AMAZING! love.gif Now i can honestly tell my lady that im excited about Valentines Day!

nothing is running on ps3 hardware as its still vaporware, the only thing that exists are Cell chips and 7800s but not an actual ps3 hardware.  the footage was indeed real time but it was a scripted scene which will always look, move, and run better then actual gameplay.

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(M_A_C @ Jan 12 2006, 01:11 AM) View Post

If you belive that I have some beach front property in North Dakota that I would like to sell to you.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

The PS3 demo was one of a very few demos done in real time on prototype PS3 hardware...  it's been confirmed.

Though I think the playable demo we can play on the 360 looks better then what they showed for the PS3...

On a whole I think it doesn't even look as good as DOA4 or PGR3 yet people somehow rave about FNR3 and bash DOA4 and PGR3...

who knows, opinions are worth stick.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »

This is EA we are talking about. I bet it will look the same on both systems once the game is done for both.........if the PS3 ever gets done........................

KAGE360

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 12 2006, 10:51 AM) View Post

The PS3 demo was one of a very few demos done in real time on prototype PS3 hardware...  it's been confirmed.

Though I think the playable demo we can play on the 360 looks better then what they showed for the PS3...

On a whole I think it doesn't even look as good as DOA4 or PGR3 yet people somehow rave about FNR3 and bash DOA4 and PGR3...

who knows, opinions are worth stick.

i agree, there are many things to consider that people dont realize.  as good as FNR3 looks, its an enclosed area that has static backgrounds and only two fighters on screen to concentrate the resources to.  where PGR3 has a huge detailed city that is rendered in intricate detail with 8 cars of unmatched accuracy, and DoA4 has two gorgeous fast fighter with HUGE beautifully rendered environments.  they are all impressive in their own respect but people need to realize how the power is being used before shouting off uneducated opinions.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 12 2006, 11:03 AM) View Post

i agree, there are many things to consider that people don't realize.  as good as FNR3 looks, its an enclosed area that has static backgrounds and only two fighters on screen to concentrate the resources to.  where PGR3 has a huge detailed city that is rendered in intricate detail with 8 cars of unmatched accuracy, and DoA4 has two gorgeous fast fighter with HUGE beautifully rendered environments.  they are all impressive in their own respect but people need to realize how the power is being used before shouting off uneducated opinions.

I mostly wonder what people are looking at when they see these games...

I look at FNR3 and I see low-poly gloves and clothing that have their defects cleverly hidden with textures
I see a very poorly created crowd that's dimly lit to hide it
I see flat textures used to emulate ruffles in the clothing and hair on the boxer's bodies instead of rendering or normal mapping these things
I see little to no new lighting technologies being used, I see some shadows being emulated with more textures..

Basically we get LAST GEN with a few more polys and some higher res textures used better to hide the fact that a lot of the new technological advances aren't really being utilized.

When I look at PGR3 and DOA, I see lots of new lighting techniques being utilized.
both PGR3 and DOA4 make use of new motion blur techniques
both PGR3 and DOA4 make use of reflectivity and radiosity techniques on the clothing, and backgrounds
I see details in those games fully rendered or normal mapped as opposed to faked with textures. Pockets and folds in clothing in DOA4 are actually rendered, shadow properly, and change perspective changing view of the character. PGR 3 does the same for car emblems, door handles and headlights which are now fully rendered or normal mapped as opposed to just painted on with textures.

DOA4 makes use of stunning depth of field techniques: http://img.gamespot....1_screen001.jpg

When I look PDZ, Kameo, PGR3, and DOA4, etc. I see games that are using new techniques and utilizing new technologies in addition to utilizing the added horse power the new hardware offers... these details amaze me and it's a pleasure to play games that are making use of them. Because their new techniques games like this have a lot of room to grow...

I look at games like Fight Night Round 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Madden, etc. and all I see are last gen techniques being pushed a little further because the hardware allows it to. That's not very exciting to me, the details look like crap and if companies like EA continue with that methodology their games wont progress much further in this new generation then where they are now.

Honestly, I don't know what other people look at when they're looking at these games and passing judgment on the graphics.

miggidy

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 Demo
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

This supposed PS3 tech demo was also used as an Xbox 360 tech demo.
The demo was said to be running in real time, whether you want to believe that it was actually running on actual PS3 hardware is up to you. What is clear though is that the game was running using Renderware.

Don't expect the PS3 version of the game to look much different than the X360 version.