xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fight Night Round 3 (6 Knockthefukouts)  (Read 273 times)

melongstrike

• Archived User
Fight Night Round 3 (6 Knockthefukouts)
« on: January 06, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

cool song... now here's my problem

I stopped watching after the first rd when I noticed no jabs were thrown.

That is the biggest difference between rd 1 and rd 2

I kept rd1 still the best boxing game to date... and return rd2 the first night I got it.

EA managed to turn this game into a arcade style slug fest with haymakers and uppercuts... and now there really isn't a need to "BOX" anymore. While the game is one of the best looking games to date I am not wasting $$ on a game where I expect novices to just throw wild punches at me and use no technique. While it is in the game I expect it to be used you I really can't blame the gamers... but a game isn't fun just because it is easy and cheap.

This is a no go if this titled isn't more balanced.... please bring back the jab, which would reestablish technique in a boxing game thus reviving my opinion about the fight night series.

Striker911

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

its alright (joe buddens is coming back)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

yeha if you swing and miss you can really get your cabbage knocked off your neck, its like a second pause.  other thing is i think the AI players sucks, me and my buddies play 2 player and once you both ge tthe hang of it you have to jab, i think thats why that puase is there, to keep you from throwing uppercuts all the time, its alot more balanced with 2 real people, jus tmy thoughts =)

AClayeJ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

I'm not a big boxing fan, but I downloaded this game the other night and holy crap it looks good!  blink.gif

Stunna7516

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

I definitely dont think this is a button masher, I have definitely gotten much better.  I usually do left jab right hook or vice verse, or left jab right uppercut or vice versa combos in strings and I usually get knockouts in the second round.  Seems like an easy difficulty level.