xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Font So Small  (Read 451 times)

Temp112

• Archived User
Font So Small
« on: September 02, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

Can yall read the fonts in this game or what? They are so damn small, im on a 20'' flatscreen to

savagepoop

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

i have a 20" flat screen 2 it i can see the text perfect, im using the composite cables.
on my girlfriends 360 on my 20" regular tv the font is totally unreadable its far too fuzzy (thats using a scart imput)

jimjom

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

I have a regular tv with component hookups. I can see the text fine.

But on my bros panasonic 32" wide, the text was weird.

The results of the text and tv's is fairly inconsistent. We need to buckle down exactly on what and how this happens....

Temp112

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

I was going to mess with the sharpness, but i decided not to, because i didnt want to mess it up

foaley77

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

I can't see the text on my SD Metz 76cm TV running Scart They should of thought of the SD people.

beljim

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »

I have a 26 inch samsung high def tv (component) and the text is too small for me. I prefer to sit back a bit so it is dificult to read. It should be comfortable to read from a decent distance. ( i'm talking about the character speech text by the way and hope that is what is meant)

bonsc2

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

I dont even bother trying to read it now but i keep missing  whats going on

Syc

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

On my 27" SD tv via S-video the text is too small to read, but on my 19" widescreen lcd monitor running at 1360x768 I can read it from across the room fine. Anybody heard any news on a patch for people without an answer to this problem?

pazzi

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

this issue wont be patched..

"Due to the amount of text and the size of the patch necessary to change the text, a patch isn't possible for this issue," said the company. "We had asked the team if it was even possible but ... due to the scope of what a patch would need to cover, it wasn't possible."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153521

___

Capcom has also released a series of recommendations for gamers with small text syndrome:

1.) Adjust the settings on your TV or monitor
    2.) Try using component cables instead of standard composite
    3.) Setting the TV to widescreen ratio (even though you may not have a widescreen TV) may help in some cases

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152924

This post has been edited by pazzi: Sep 12 2006, 05:57 PM

hectorbuddy

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

I too am having the same problem as everyone else...and it's not the character speech, it's actually the text of telling you what to do.  example when trying to read the books in the bookstore...a little to hard at the moment.  but on my list of things to get and is in the mail, plugging my 360 into my 20 inch ultrashard dell moniter.

Phat Chance

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

What annoys me is, you get miniscule text for mission objectives and then massive red block caps when some idiotic survivor won't go where you friggin want them to!
[/rant]

Phat Chance

• Archived User
Font So Small
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

Got a fix! Oddly this is one game that's clearer with 50Hz setting. Hop into the Dashboard, go to the display options in the Console Settings and change it there. Putting it in Widescreen helps a bit. Other than that all I could suggest is get a bigger TV or sit closer! biggrin.gif