xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Freezing And Bugs  (Read 266 times)

THDVL

• Archived User
Question About Freezing And Bugs
« on: August 19, 2006, 03:39:00 AM »

I hear ya.. the dde's are freakin driving me insane.. I can always tell when its gonna happen too. The disc spins down and I hear, click, click click, click and bam! dde. So annoying. Game developers should take the dde problem into consideration when making games. IMO we should be able to save anytime we want in any game. To answer your question, I doubt there is anything you could do to stop it from happening. I'm just hoping one day soon we'll be able to back games up to the hdd and end the bloody dde bullshyte. I love playing games off my hdd on my old xbox.

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

I've had both errors, too.

I know for a fact that my dirty disc error is from overheating, but the infinite loading screen, I don't know.  I've had that maybe two times.

My 360 is in a tight cabinet that has fans built into the back.  If I forget to turn the cabinet's fans on, then I get the dirty disc problem.  Turn the fans on, no problem.

deadpool66

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

Just beat the game, And no lockups at all and Ive had my 360 on for at least 2 days.

scbandit4

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

I started getting errors after I played Chromehounds.. So I went to EBgames and picked up an Intercooler. ever since I got that plugged in, no errors, no freezing, no crashing.

JTSkiSTX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:00 AM »

Like I said I doubt it's a heat problem.  Good air flow on a cold night when I just started playing and I would get errors.  People are having some success with formatting the hard drive or just playing off of a memory card but the last thing I want to do is spend money to get this to work so.  

Good plug for EBGames and the intercooler though.