xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dead Rising Font  (Read 451 times)

richman246

• Archived User
Dead Rising Font
« on: August 14, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

For some reason, the dialogue on the screen of Dead Rising is all blurry and unreadable.  Is that because of my TV or the xbox 360?  Does anyone also know how to change the video settings on the xbox360 maybe the contrast is too high or something?  I don't know any help is greatly appreciated.  thanks

CattyKid

• Archived User
Dead Rising Font
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Do you want to change the resoltuion settings?
Maybe you don't have it set at the right resolution, or your TV's native resoltuion in terms of 1080i/720p/480p/480i?

You can manually change the brightness/contrast/tint/color on your TV if that would help as well.. but no way to change those on the 360.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Dead Rising Font
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

certian resolutions and certian tv's do have issues displaying the text properly, capcom has said that they are aware of the issue and are hopefull going to fix it with a patch of some sorts. not sure if there is anything you can do other then do what cattykid said or wait for capcom to issue a fix.

(would have been better if they had just included voice for all the charctures - it can be done look at the masterpiece oblivion!!!)

richman246

• Archived User
Dead Rising Font
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

Oh i see, i thought it was just my tv.  Thanks for help!

pennywisdom

• Archived User
Dead Rising Font
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

my buddy bought this game too and when we played it on his regular 480i tv, i could barely read anything... wacko.gif it was just horrible! really makes you appreciate highdef..

mitch2025

• Archived User
Dead Rising Font
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

if you have a regular 4:3 TV than you can go into your dash settings and change the screen to widescreen to make the text a little easyer to read. also it makes the game full screen!

ienjoygaming

• Archived User
Dead Rising Font
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »

I have found that using my 360 through a normal widescreen TV that the contrast/colour etc are very important. The best way to set it is to have the dashboard up and use the A and B buttons as a guide and get them as sharp as possible. Also a RGB cable helps.
I do agree however that the font is very small.