xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Long Should It Take To Boot Doa4?  (Read 192 times)

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
How Long Should It Take To Boot Doa4?
« on: February 13, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »

Hey everyone,
This is kind of a weird request but im just a bit worried. If anyone has DOA4 and has a spare minute I would greatly appreciate your help.
How long does it take for DOA4 to load for you? What I mean is put in the disc, turn off your Xbox360, and the second it turns on count how long it takes for DOA4 to load for you.
Thanks!!!!!
-Vic

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »

Do you have a hard drive?  Loading times will vary depending.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

very true... in DOA4 I've clocked the non-HDD loading times to be 5x longer then the HD loading times after the initial load... though I think the initial load is longer.

it's just about instant when I put the disc in till I see something that lets me know the game disc has started (same as any other game) then I wait about 20 seconds watching the Team Ninja logo (it wont let me skip it).

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

I have a hard drive, it's a premium. I was judging by the second you press the start button to start counting but if I wait untill I see the start up intro, it takes about 24 seconds. It was weird because last night just out of no where it took forever to load. I thought it had frozen but right as I was about to turn it off, it loaded. Also I keep seeing DOA4's disclaimer screen. What I did last night was I wanted to clean up some wires behind my Xbox360 and HDTV so I didn't have to see them and I did unplug the powersupply a few times (from the cord that goes to the outlet to the power supply not what plugs into the Xbox360) and it just seemed like loading times took longer for some odd reason. Thanks for timing it metaldevil, I really appreciate it.

Nekron

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »

It loads fine for me, in fact, it must load too fast because there's a huge, drive stopping skippage in the intro. The drive does everything but scream in pain. TN had better fix this in the DOA mid-feb update.