xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Survival Mode Doa4  (Read 284 times)

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

Something else I've noticed in my daily beatdowns courtesy of the computer...

Use throws against grapplers (Leon, Bayman, Bass, & Tina will almost ALWAYS counter your combos) and use combos against everyone else.  

For extremely fast characters like Ayane and Kasumi.  They notoriously use high and low attacks, so learn how to counter those.  Ein/Hayate also use alot of high attacks.  Simply countering with Away + Free will not counter their attacks.

Just some more tidbits I picked up.  The training mode will really help you ID the difference between high and mid attacks.  Just hit L3 and punck/kick away!

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

to add to that 95% of the time Gen-Fu will use mid punch attacks  biggrin.gif

When I play against the computer in story mode, even if I face him on level 7, I can beat him most of the time by simply mid-punch countering the whole time.  laugh.gif

Also I've noticed that the computer rarely counters below level 25, 25 to 35 it will counter a little more frequently, and above that it plays essentially normal.

so take advantage of the fact that the computer will rarely counter in the begining.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Jan 18 2006, 09:53 AM) View Post

Damn you have a bunch of achievement points... blink.gif

achievement points aren't everything, take a peak at the games he has in there, i'm pointing specifically at games that give points away such as madden, fifa, nba, king kong that all give 1000 each with next to no work (not saying he's not a skilled gamer, he has quite a few points from other games as well that don't give them away such as perfect dark/doa 4)

Shinamano

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

Use throws against grapplers (Leon, Bayman, Bass, & Tina will almost ALWAYS counter your combos) and use combos against everyone else.

I will try that out...

As for achievements...how do you look at someones without them being on your friends list?

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Jan 18 2006, 02:12 PM) View Post

I will try that out...

As for achievements...how do you look at someones without them being on your friends list?

Click on their gamertag, either by subbing it into the http link, or by finding them on Xbox.com, and click "Compare Games".  You'll be able to see everything that they've played compared to everything you've played.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Jan 18 2006, 02:12 PM) View Post

I will try that out...

http://live.xbox.com...Twistedsymphony

swap out "twistedsymphony" with whatever gamertag

XS has it setup so the left hand gamer card links to their profile/games and achievments.

Shinamano

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

Cool...I oculd not find a way to do it on the Xbox.com site...seems like something they would have had made easy access to. Thanks.

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

Bad news Bob, When I took mine in for repairs, they gave me a new HDD. I had to do half of CoD2 over again.

Also, I've worked pretty hard for most of my achievements. I've seen a guy with 13,000; and he has weak ahcievements in the games I dominated. So the sum doesn't tell you as much as the parts.

Shinamano

• Archived User
Survival Mode Doa4
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

Well I was unable to get to 100 last night...I crapped out at 67, but I did get the lat of the items... dry.gif
Pages: 1 [2]