xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?  (Read 264 times)

beef_n_bean

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« on: November 08, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »

can anyone at any other gamestore that has recieved allocation lists corroborate this?

KAGE360

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

one game will not make the difference between this being the greatest launch in history.  the fact is that a few games have been delayed from the launch day but that doesnt mean that there still isnt plenty of quality titles to make it out on launch day.  launch titles get delayed all the time, if your old enough to work at a game store then you should know this.  however the number of quality titles is a rare thing indeed on launch day.  how many did ps2 have?  maybe 2 and they were both from EA which isnt saying much.  the xbox, IMO, launched with 3 (DoA, halo, and PGR) and i dont even have to bring up the gamecube.  im not saying that all the other games sucked but those that were mentioned stood out from the pack.  there are many people who believe that this will be the best launch since the DC days.  it hasnt been since then that there have been so many quality titles on day one.  

http://xbox360.ign.c...3/663046p1.html

look at that list and try to tell me that it isnt a good line-up, even IF DoA4 doesnt make it for launch.  if you think that the ps3 or revolution will have a better launch line up then your just dreaming.  oh by the way welcome to the forum, hopefully your next topic will have some more thought behind it  tongue.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »

i agree and i didnt mean to be so harsh.  but when they say greatest launch ever they say that comparing it to past launches.  no one said that it will be the perfect launch which would include a different genre to please everyone.  trust me i would love an RPG (oblivion) and a fighter (hopefully DoA4) but my point is that if it doesnt include every game it could still be considered one of the best launches in history.  i do hope that DoA4 isnt delayed because that would be the 3rd game i wanted that got delayed (GR3 and oblivion being the first 2).

Heet

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »

LOL, stick around dude, you got off lite.  Some of them here will dip you in hot oil, wrap you in plastic, and then set you on fire.  

Anyways, just about every game that I wanted the system for has been pushed back (not that its a bad thing, Id rather have a finished game then another halo 2).  

If they push PGR3 back im gonna put the 360 in a closet.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

i dont think it will be that long if it is delayed.  i want this game so bad but if it is delayed all i can think is that its for the better of the game.  like i mentioned in another post, itagaki said back at the TGS that he cant promise that the game will be out at the US launch but he did say it would be out for the japanese launch, he also said that he was working 50 hour days to make that a reality.  schedules change all the time in game development but if there is any dev who has the dedication to keep his work its itagaki.  

its no surprise that there are going to be way more games then systems, its easier to manufacture a disk then it is an entire console.  if i dont have a fighter at launch im going to have to switch my pre-purchase to condemned  biggrin.gif  i just hope the game comes out this year atleast.  

while were talking about DoA 1up has a round table about the game and from what the article says, its all good.

http://www.gamersrep...ex.php?sid=4342

http://www.1up.com/d...age?cId=3145572

KAGE360

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

i have to wait for tonight till i can see the DoA one and i didnt even know they had one for PDZ now i have two vids to look forward to  biggrin.gif

they already had a discussion about condemned, it was in the same vid that they talked about CoD2.  showed some nice footage.  the one for the 3 racers (NFS:MW, PGR3, and Ridge racer) was good as wel and really showed the drastic difference between the 3 racers.  before that vid i didnt realize that even ridge racer killed NFS:MW in the graphics department IMO.   blink.gif l

Deftech

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Nov 9 2005, 10:19 AM)
before that vid i didnt realize that even ridge racer killed NFS:MW in the graphics department IMO.   blink.gif l

KAGE360

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 9 2005, 12:59 PM)
Rallisport 2 on xbox kills NFS:MW on 360. Go EA!!

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

man times like this i wish rally sport would of been a launch game.. ah one can only dream rolleyes.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ces2k3 @ Nov 9 2005, 03:56 PM)
man times like this i wish rally sport would of been a launch game.. ah one can only dream rolleyes.gif

fin1581

• Archived User
Dead Or Alive 4 Tba?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »

CONFIRMED.....We had a release at my store that DOA4 will be delayed until December 4th.