xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty 2 Speech Error  (Read 604 times)

the loc-man

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2 Speech Error
« on: October 08, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

I have the exact same error, did you ever sort it?

I have tried resting 360, deleting CoD2 game save deleting game profile, connecting heaset and switching off, ensure heaset profile is set to both  and no luck

it is really frustrating that it wont work.

Its on a Vert and was done with a pioneer 111d

please please please help

the loc-man

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(the loc-man @ Oct 9 2006, 12:28 AM) View Post

I have the exact same error, did you ever sort it?

I have tried resting 360, deleting CoD2 game save deleting game profile, connecting heaset and switching off, ensure heaset profile is set to both  and no luck

it is really frustrating that it wont work.

Its on a Vert and was done with a pioneer 111d

please please please help

BTW I have also updated th4 game from thr Live webite as well

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

Try putting the original in and see if the same issue occurs. If it does then you have a problem with your hardware. If it does not, you have a problem with your backup and you need to re-rip it and burn it.

bmouthboyo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Oct 10 2006, 03:35 PM) View Post

Try putting the original in and see if the same issue occurs. If it does then you have a problem with your hardware. If it does not, you have a problem with your backup and you need to re-rip it and burn it.

lol some people...Honestly..

Anyway yea i too had same prob with my "backup", i assume the sourceof our rips maybe the problem

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(bmouthboyo @ Oct 11 2006, 07:01 PM) View Post

lol some people...Honestly..

Anyway yea i too had same prob with my "backup", i assume the sourceof our rips maybe the problem

heya,

I've finally bought myself an HDTV, after owning the 360 for a cpl of weeks now.

I have encountered this problem.  Initially when I gave the game a quick test on my old CRT using its own sound I noticed that there was no speech.  I presumed at the time it was trying to output in 5.1 as I could not remember whether or not I had changed it to stereo at the time.

Anyways, now that I finallyhave my HDTV I hooked it all up (WOW!! 50" widescreen tongue.gif) and finally hooked up the cables for surround sound now that its in a fixed location.

I've made sure and double made sure and triple made sure that the dash was set to digital 5.1 which it is, however I still get no voice from the instructor.  I get ambient voices from the left and right channels if I persist a bit further through the training, but no voice for each 'plot' segment of the tutorial mission.  I obviously dont want to play through the game fully until I can hopefully sort the problem out.

My original is currently at my friends house so I'm unable to test if Id have the same problem on that for the next week or so til I get time off work and get chance to see him again.

So, anyone know for definate if its this 'backup' that would be the problem, ie have you tried it again and had it working fine....as obv I dont want to waste more discs than I need to.

I tried other games too and they appeared to be working fine from the centre speaker so the speakers themselves are operating no problem

cheers,
Tuck