xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cod2  (Read 219 times)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Cod2
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

it allow you to seach for open lobbys now? or does it still just throw you in a random room?

snowcrash8

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(haildc1 @ Mar 21 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post

Has anyone tried creating there own game? I have tried and waited for 10 minutes and no one joined my game. Glad the patch is out but this sucks.

Has anyone tried creating THEIR own game? I have tried and waited for 10 minutes and no one joined my game. Glad the patch is out but this sucks.

haildc1

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

I am having the same problem when creating my own game. I wan't able to get into a game period (creating my own game or just trying to join any game).

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:29:00 AM »

Wait, the second COD2 patch is out?  Can I invite my friends into rooms now?  How's the lag?

dscjbr

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

I downloaded the patch last night and played some private games with my friends.   It works perfectly, at least as far as being able to invite friends to a private game.  I created a game, invited my friends, and we all played lag free for a few hours.   This was around 11:00 p.m. CST.

I did not create game for the public to join so I can't comment on whether that works or not.

As for LAG, one of my friends had a ping around 100 and we noticed zero lag in the game.   It played really smooth.

haildc1

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(cryptonfactor @ Mar 22 2006, 09:12 PM) View Post

The patch is just what we've all being waiting for. Zero lag and creatable lobbies to invite your friends. I played a few games and it was excellent. Still 8 player limit though (i think).
You don't create games and wait for live players to join, you have to invite your friends to your game lobby. Other random players don't join your game via the Ranked/Unranked option. For now only the Ranked option seems to be working.

Thanks be to jayzus this patch is here! Keep an eye out for me 'theKEWTOUR' reeking havok!

COD2 rocks! There's a new sheriff in town!

umm I disagree with you.. I only have one other friend that has this game so we should be able to create a game and wait for other to join. It has the option when creating a game.. how many spots do you reserve for friends. The max number is 7 because you are the eight player. In my case I should be able to put a 1 for number of friends and then to the right of the number it will state there are 6 slots open to the public and then your go to the room and wait for people to join but know one ever joins. You should be able to create your own games for the public to join as well.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

Do yourselves all a favour and trade this game in

Single player rocks but once you beat it the multi-player (7-8 players) is just terrible, ditch this crap

Master X

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

Who would want to play COD2 with all of the new games that have released this month?

CattyKid

• Archived User
Cod2
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Mar 22 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

Do yourselves all a favour and trade this game in

Single player rocks but once you beat it the multi-player (7-8 players) is just terrible, ditch this crap

It's definitely not.  Multiplayer is excellent, one of the best for 360.