xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty War Hardened Achievement  (Read 204 times)

deacon187

• Archived User
Call Of Duty War Hardened Achievement
« on: February 21, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

i finished the game on regular, and was then playing it again on veteran to get the veteran achievements, i played through the russia campain in order but then i jumped around the campains with the least stages in them, now after i finish all the levels on veteran will i get the war hardened achievement or did i screw that up by not playing through in order

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »

I skipped around and it worked for me

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

Doesn't matter if you skip around.  I would suggest saving and quitting after every mission you play.  When you go in the mission select screen, you'll see which ones have been completed at which difficulty.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

According to the game, it says to get the "war hardened" achievement I just have to complete the game on hardened OR veteran.   Can anyone confirm that it actually awards the achievement for hardened?  I only see people ever speaking about veteran.

esdubu

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

Yes you still get the achievement by completing it on Hardened and not Veteran. I know cos i completed it 1st on hardened and now i'm working my way through on veteran. Check my gamertag

John Deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(davinator456 @ Feb 21 2006, 11:10 AM) View Post

ive only been able to beat the winter war on veteran, and that took alotta restarts...  veteran is hard... good to see a game with some high difficulty settings

I've won the war on veteran, but unfortunetly 3 controllers had to die in the process. The game is frickin hard and the computer cheats every now and then. But overall I still must say, COD2 is one of the greatest games i've ever played. Though the ending is very dissappointing, I feel the game should have ended with a russian mission not a U.S, and it should have ended in berlin with you having to fight through those crazy little hitler youth shits who were too dumb to know that they were fighting for a lost cause.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

I too was bummed about the ending.  That would be sweet to complete the game with the victory in Berlin.

Ah well, there's always COD3. . .

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

whew, thats good to know i can jump around a bit, i just wish i started on veteran from the beginning so i wouldnt have to go through the game twice

BTW there was a soldier on the US side who says something in the very last level, crossing the rhine, that had me cracking up for hours, id never expect that out of this type of game, GTA yeah, not COD

something around the lines of

"your ass better run you bastard kraut"

i thinks its right before you capture the last turret gun that afterwards the 2 tanks come out in the very last level