xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bioshock Patch  (Read 650 times)

echto

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« on: September 05, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »

Well the patch for Bioshock this afternoon fixed my freezing problem.  I had to go back a save game, but it fixed it.  I still have no clue what the patch really was for.

beerchug.gif

Boiker

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(echto @ Sep 6 2007, 02:50 AM) View Post

Well the patch for Bioshock this afternoon fixed my freezing problem.  I had to go back a save game, but it fixed it.  I still have no clue what the patch really was for.

beerchug.gif

Ohhh that explains it. I was positive I had saved the game later than I came back to ohmy.gif

How dare they!

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »

My 360 wasn't freezing before the patch but now is/was. Switched it on to play again today and it was freezing every few of frames. Eventually it froze solid and I had to reboot, guess what I saw when I turned it back on again  sad.gif .  I don't think the patch has anything to do with the game freezing (and now my 3rlod), more like the game is really pushing the 360 to its limits.

I've got no way of playing BioShock now which really blows. More cooling mods and an x-clamp tweak me thinks.

commandersafi

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »

if it wasnt freezing before the patch isnt there a way to get rid of the patch?

This post has been edited by commandersafi: Sep 8 2007, 01:39 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

you can delete all game patches using the button combination method on the system blade.
i am not sure what that combination is, but im sure you could do a search to find it.

edit:

from teamxbox

Go to the system blade and then select memory.

Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

Performing this function will also clear any software updates.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Sep 8 2007, 01:47 AM

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

I take back what I said earlier!. This patch was causing my 360 to freeze every few frames. I sorted out my 3rlod easy enough but the game was still freezing every 2 seconds and was hardly playable (other games seemed fine, tested COD3). After taking the my Xbox apart several times to adjust the heatsinks (and even doing the 12v fan mod believing it was just an over heating issue) BioShock was still unplayable. I then did what I should have done in the first place and removed the patch. Guess what!, no more freezing and the game runs perfect again. So yeah personally this patch didn't do me any good except make me think my 360 was screwed. At least I can play BioShock again  biggrin.gif .

commandersafi

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Sep 7 2007, 07:46 PM) View Post

you can delete all game patches using the button combination method on the system blade.
i am not sure what that combination is, but im sure you could do a search to find it.
edit:

from teamxbox

Yup, i was sure that i read something about that a while ago

esc1

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

I have noticed some studering after the patch.  Played perfectly before.  Obviously the patch wasn't tested well enough.

tonkie

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem as sabbath_dude. My game started freezing after I downloaded the patch. I'm gonna delete it and see if it fixes the problem.

commandersafi

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »

I found an article about the patch on QJ if anybody wants to read it

Bioshock Patch Causing Problems

illadvised

• Archived User
Bioshock Patch
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

Man I thought I was going crazy when I lost a game save.  I am also experiencing some lag with the rendering.  Sometimes dead splicers or static objects do not even fully render.  I assumed my box was overheating. I am going to try deleting that game update and see if that helps at all.  It also locks everytime I go back to the main browser from within the game. I have to open the user control panel and quit the game from there.

grr.gif