xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Symbolism In Bioshock?  (Read 694 times)

FCTE

• Archived User
Symbolism In Bioshock?
« on: August 30, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

Interesting.

It also has a ton of Biblical parallels.

deernet

• Archived User
Symbolism In Bioshock?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »

Isn't that a very trustworthy website? I also found this "interesting". http://www.thethough...-space-giraffe/
What are you supposed to get from this article? Get stoned and play Space Giraffe and you'll have an out of body sensory experience?

My thoughts on this are that you can get from anything (movie, video game, tv show) what you are ready to receive from it. If your mind is open enough to suggestion, as in Bioshock morality questions, to be affected by decisions of right and wrong from a video game, you have deeper underlying problems.

I also find it interesting that this is jnms first post on the day that he/she joined.

Sick Wit itt

• Archived User
Symbolism In Bioshock?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

nice source yea i bought this game 1 week ago and it is pretty creppy.

smartygre1

• Archived User
Symbolism In Bioshock?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

The mind control stuff was done on purpose.  I just read in EGM that the developers wanted to show how in almost all video games, while you think you have freedom, you are really on rails.  In GTA, for instance, you think that you can go around and do anythng, but if you want the game to advance you have to "follow orders"  and complete the missions.  Bioshock just takes it to the next level and lets you know that you are not free.  I won't say more as I don't want to spoil it.