xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BF2 more like PC or moe like Xbox version?  (Read 583 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
BF2 more like PC or moe like Xbox version?
« on: February 10, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Feb 10 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

Wow, I cant believe noone has mentioned Battlefield 2.  If you guys haven't tried the PC version, you're in for a treat - it's at least as addicting and probably more so than COD2.

Jeff

Bf 2 on 360 and current gen consoles is not the same as BF 2 for pc, totally different games, just as Cod 2 on pc and 360 are different from Big red one.

the Bf 2 console version is nowhere as good as the pc version, regardless of the semi decent graphics the 360 version is getting.

Proj. OffSet wont be out for years, if ever on a console, quit mentioning that.

Gears of War
Splinter Cell
Tomb Raider/Recon (tie)
Oblivion/Moto GP (tie)
Test Drive/Prey (tie)

In that order beerchug.gif

fug it, I can never keep with just 5!  grr.gif

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Feb 11 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post

Have you actuall yplayed BF2 for the 360 yet?  I ask because I've heard that it is more like the PC version and less like BF2 for XBOX 1.

Jeff

That would be a good thing. smile.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Feb 11 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post

Have you actuall yplayed BF2 for the 360 yet?  I ask because I've heard that it is more like the PC version and less like BF2 for XBOX 1.

Jeff

BF 2 on 360 is the same as the xbox version, with better graphics. The game plays out in the same manner. The PC version is totally different. It would be like comparing CoD 2 to CoD 2 Big Red One. Totally different games that play out with different maps.

If you play the PC version of BF 2, and try the 360 version, you won't recognize much.

If it was like the PC version, I'd get the 360 one. I tried the xbox version and didnt care for it at all, and theres nothing a graphical facelift can do to change my mind either. Too many other games I want badly anyways beerchug.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

We are getting our lines crossed here.

Graphics aside, I am saying they are totally different games, and using the Call of Duty 2 games as an example. Back in the day, People were under the assumption that BF 2 on the 360 was going to be a port of the pc version. It is Not. It is the same game as the xbox version, which is nothing like the pc version as far as maps and so on.

It is the same game as the xbox version, but much easier on the eyes. I didnt like the xbox version, period. It wasnt terrible but definitely not worth the $$, especially when there are a plethora of games I WANT/NEED, and many I still need to beat that came out at launch. The pc version is far superior is every way. No matter the facelift the 360 version gets graphically or whatever, it wont make me me warm up 2 it.

So in the end, have I played the 360 version? Yes and No. I played the xbox version, which is the same, just much uglier, and Im assuming slower(360 version should run better).

If it was a straight up PC port of Bf 2, I'd buy it, *maybe*.

If you are still confused, I don't know what else to say.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

Wow  uhh.gif

It is a known fact that the 360 version is the same game as the xbox version, its been known for the better part of 4 to 5 months.

The debate raged on whether or not the game the 360 was getting was akin to the pc or xbox version, the debate ended when it was announced it was the same as the xbox. What part of that do you Not understand?

I didnt like the xbox version compared to the pc version, how difficult is that to comprehend. It had nothing to do with the graphics, I just didnt care for it. Maybe its because I liked the pc version and dont have an open mind towards its console counterpart.

But if graphics are the only main difference between the xbox and 360 versions, and the game itself is the same(maps, weapons, vehicles), there is no reason for me to like the 360 version anymore than the xbox one.

It wasnt the graphics in the xbox version that turned me off, it was the game as a whole. If it was the graphics that made me dislike it, I'd welcome this 360 update with open arms.

let me guess, still confused  rolleyes.gif

If youre genuinely trying to converse, so be it. If youre out to cause problems and be an ass, let me know now. Thank You.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(jfoster @ Feb 15 2006, 12:11 AM) View Post

Jesus - bold print.  You seem intent on putting me down by saying that I don't comprehend, understand....multiple times.   How about just backing off a little and calming down?

Hahahahaha

"backing off a little and calming down"

Yes it takes soooooooo much effort to highlight what text you want bolded and click on the B above. Therefore my intentions must be negative and to show your unintelligent....

rolleyes.gif

IGN...

With ostensibly the same content as the current-generation consoles, EA and DICE have focused on improving four major areas: graphics, the immersive experience, cohesiveness, and the single-player game. The three new downloadable maps for Xbox are built into this version. On the graphics front, EA has reworked every object in the single- and multiplayer campaigns, from the characters, guns and vehicles to the structures, roads, radio towers, and bridges. Everything has more polygons and has been remapped with more detailed textures.

While the version we saw wasn't brilliant looking, we know the version we saw was far from done. Smoke and explosions were greatly improved, as are the basic graphic details from building, character, and tank definition. Battlefield 2: MC does, however, look like a high-res version of its brethren, rather than a blockbuster HD extravaganza. We'll be counting on EA to make more visual improvements between now and release.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is EA's way of giving the hardcore gamers a more polished, evenly balanced version of the current gen versions. For those who haven't played the versions available on Xbox or PS2, you're in for a real treat.
The more difficult single-player game, better flowing interactions, and smoothed out hotspot functionality are just plain fun. For veterans of the series, we'll be interested to see who buys this version as well. I suspect most folks will want to retrain themselves in the single-player campaign for a while, earn some medals (and achievements) and then hop online and rage all night long. It may very well come to that come March 14.

Uh oh

Gee, a graphical update. And downloadable maps the xbox version got will be in it. Would ya look at that  rolleyes.gif

Even with new missions added, the 360 version is very very similiar to the xbox and pspoo versions as far as gameplay. The 360 version has no maps that carries over from the PC version. They are NOT one in the same as CoD 2 is on 360 and pc.

Gamespot..

To be clear, Modern Combat won't feature any completely new missions on the 360, but all of the missions from the original game will be here, and they've gotten substantial makeovers in a number of respects. Minor level elements like obstacles have been moved around, objectives have been refined, and the flow of the missions should generally feel more streamlined than they did in the first game. In fact, perfecting the single-player game has been a major goal of the designers, who've set about reworking roughly half of the game's missions almost from the ground up. In addition, all of the downloadable content for the Xbox version of Modern Combat is being similarly upgraded and will ship in the box with the 360 version.

In fact, the single-player game should have a noticeably different feel for those who played the game on the Xbox or PS2 last year. Modern Combat's popular multiplayer action will remain unchanged in basic mechanical terms on the Xbox 360 version of Live, but the specifics of those mechanics--that is, things like reload speed and movement physics--will now be mirrored in the single-player campaign, which ought to give the two modes a more unified feel.

Of course, the biggest change to Modern Combat in the move to the 360 will obviously be on the technical end. The game is getting a complete visual overhaul--which should be apparent in our new HD gameplay footage.

Speaking of making a marked improvement, Modern Combat looks like it'll be a more cohesive game on the Xbox 360 than it was on the lesser consoles.

Have you seen any mention of the pc version in relation to the 360? No

Have you seen the older consoles mentioned? Yes

Everything thats mentioned pretty much deals with a facelift of the xbox version.

It is essentially the same game with updated graphics, load times, ai and animation. The game itself will play out pretty much the same as far as maps and vehicles and weapons are concerned. I cant believe I have to repeat that for a 3rd or 4th time.

The popular comment of the week seems 2 be...

"I am done with you"

beerchug.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

look deftech is right, he's not insulting you by saying you dont understand because you really dont understand.  the game has the exact same title and has been announced many times now that it is a graphically enhanced version of the current gen game.  

is it possible that those few extra weapons and vehicles in the 360 version is from the downloads and updates available to the xbox1 version?  i think so.  when you read what features and content is in a game from xbox.com they only tell you what comes with the game, that doesnt include the options, modes, and features you get with the downloads for the game.

basically he was only trying to correct something you were assuming and you had trouble understanding (repeatedly)

now my question is, other then the player limit and the map lay-out what is the differences gameplay wise between the PC and console versions?  i agree that after watching the video at gametrailers.com, i think that the game looks better then the PC version (my little bro thought it was pre-rendered) but really curious to what has changed gameplay wise.  i highly doubt that i would be buying the game since there are far too many games that are getting my $$ already but that doesnt mean its not a quality title.  any info from those who have played both would be welcome thank you.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

The console versions are a joke compared to the pc version, IMO. I hope people who are overly excited about the 360 version have atleast tried the xbox/ps2 one, so atleast they know what 2 expect. The sad thing is most still think its a pc port, and that couldnt be further from the truth.

Lucky # 13 on the list by the way beerchug.gif

Please, no quoting  laugh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(KMFDM @ Feb 15 2006, 11:22 AM) View Post

BF for xbox was so bad. It was a game where you goto point A to point B in SP. I thought i was going to be in for a treat but i had my hopes up to high for EA. I should have known better sad.gif

well to be fair, you shouldnt have had your hopes up at all about the SP anyways.  the game has always been built and designed around MP, thats like someone saying how dissapointed they were with UT or UC single player smile.gif

that is why im curious about the difference between the PC and console versions, if all that is different is the player limit and maps then how can one be so much better then the other when the core gameplay is similar.  i know deftech admitted he may be biased against the console versions but i was hoping someone who has played both can elaberate.  again i dont think im going to get the 360 version unless i can find it for real cheap, it looks good atleast.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 15 2006, 12:34 PM) View Post

again i dont think im going to get the 360 version unless i can find it for real cheap, it looks good atleast.

with the 360 games you want in the next 2 months.....

Even if I slightly wanted BF 2, I wouldnt have time or $$ to play/buy it with all the others due out.

Shit, Oblivion alone better take all your time, lets try to finish this one eh? seeing as Morrowind was never beaten  laugh.gif

Dont forget Lara is back, that too will take up much time my spelunking brethren. Toss in Recon Lan parties and you get my point.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 15 2006, 12:44 PM) View Post

with the 360 games you want in the next 2 months.....

Even if I slightly wanted BF 2, I wouldnt have time or $$ to play/buy it with all the others due out.

Shit, Oblivion alone better take all your time, lets try to finish this one eh? seeing as Morrowind was never beaten  laugh.gif

Dont forget Lara is back, that too will take up much time my spelunking brethren. Toss in Recon Lan parties and you get my point.

yeah regardless, if i can get any good game for a good price its mine.  besides when is this game supposed to come out anyways.  not having enough time to play a game has never stopped me from buying one before, if it did then i wouldnt by any games after having oblivion and ghost recon but i still am.  it all comes down to what i feel like playing at the time.  if i can have around 50 games on the xbox and finish all of them ill find time for all of the 360 games as well.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

you didnt finish all 50 mister

Morrowind, ahem. I'm sure theres more.

biggrin.gif

I didnt come close to finishing the 70 I had, im a whore!

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

lol i know, and i swear i still will....

....some day.

other then that i did finish all 50, so no worries on my end.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 15 2006, 01:03 PM) View Post

lol i know, and i swear i still will....

....some day.

other then that i did finish all 50, so no worries on my end.

you wont touch Morrowind after playing Oblivion. Wait, you actually might  laugh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 15 2006, 01:07 PM) View Post

you wont touch Morrowind after playing Oblivion. Wait, you actually might  laugh.gif

i already put in over 300 hours to the game, im sure i can play through the main story can be done in around 40-50 hours
Pages: [1] 2