xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: D-pad Makes Me Crazy!  (Read 637 times)

pcween

• Archived User
D-pad Makes Me Crazy!
« on: August 04, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

I know it has been said a 100 times before.
The D-PAD of the original MS controllers (wired AND wireless) are so bad.
I have 3 wireless and 1 wired controller. All with the same problem.

I cannot understand how this could happen in such a big company as M$. Don't they have Quality Assurance? If they showed the controller to any 9yr old kid, it would have told them to fix the d-pad...

Worst of all: Why do they still ship these defective controllers instead of fixing the D-PADs? It can't be that hard to solve that problem...

I really really wanna enjoy SF2, but playing with the original controllers makes me angry.
So what is the best way to play SF2? Are 3rd-party-controllers any good? Is there a MOD to connect an XBOX1-controller to the XBOX360?

gcskate27

• Archived User
D-pad Makes Me Crazy!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

the duke was pretty good for sf... six buttons lined up like they should and i had virtually no problems with the d-pad on those...

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
D-pad Makes Me Crazy!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

The Saturn Gen 2 pads are the best d-pads ever made... they're the size of an Xbox D-Pad but UNBELIEVABLY precise...

I think the Nintendo D-Pads are a close 2nd, the only problem is they're a little on the small side. The Playstation pads have the same accuracy as the Nintendo ones but they have plastic between the directions and since they bump up they can really chew up your thumb after a marathon session.

I mean heck, the Saturn gen 2 Pads were so good they re-released it for playstation...  smile.gif

esc1

• Archived User
D-pad Makes Me Crazy!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(pcween @ Aug 4 2006, 03:18 AM) View Post

Worst of all: Why do they still ship these defective controllers instead of fixing the D-PADs? It can't be that hard to solve that problem...

Well it really isn't that hard to solve the problem if the one you are talking about is the dpad hitting the controller shell.  Open up the controller and sand down the part of the shell the dpad is hitting and you're good.  Mine hits, but is still fully functional.  Doesn't bother me.  I think the 360 dpad is possibly the most comfortable one I've used.

6irl6amer6ore

• Archived User
D-pad Makes Me Crazy!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

I agree... M$ makes a tarded Dpad ... it angers both me and my boyfriend.   muhaha.gif